[Hpn] Shopping maul and keeping the fleet running

joe reynolds jos_reyn@yahoo.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:08:57 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1037588696-1058501337=:34619

   let's see where to begin??? Ah, Sui Generis .... er, going to far back.
   Well anyway, I HAD planned to have the front brakes on the Van Gogh (fleet registry C57d) overhauled. I alo was going to have then look into wnat is my stater doing.
   That was the plan for Wednesday but Tuesday afternoon the engine quit. Just turned over merrily without starting. Craps, I said - many times, loudly - and left it in the lot of the mall across town. I got on the bus and found he mech still open so instead of driving in the next day they towed me in then. Well that added twenty-five to the bill. Could have been worse, believe me! It was either the fuel pump had died or the ignition module finally gave up the ghost at over 125,000 miles. Turned out to be the more expensive ignition module and they also replaced the pick-up. Don't know if that is just the rotor in this model or they had to put in a new distributor. On brakes they didn't need to replace the brake disk like I thought but the cylinder was shot,  At first they thought I also needed new boostrer for the brakes but after replacing the master cylinder it checked out fine. In the end it was $750 after taxes but the van is okay again Alsotonight is last of 3 nights I took in
 cheapest motel I could find close. That was another $150.00.
   This is why i try to bank whatever I can. I do indulge myself on some things but this has eaten up my last two months earnings from the mall clean-ups and I must put off that new uncracked windshield and fixing my laptop (unless I can clear up the warranty problem. Love the computer but really don't like Hewart-Packard, the company)
   However I have been enjoying a real bed again in an air-conditioned room  - has been over 100 degrees here this past week! Also I have been going down to the small pool they have and soaking my legs in the cool wate. It really has helped a lot. I have come to realize that the trouble with my legs is tied to this heat. Well maybe not all of it but a good deal anyway!
   You have probably heard about the accident in Santa Monica where the car ran through the farmer's market a day back. Dr. Khani, who owns the mall I work in, his mother was one of the people struck and in critical condition. Both legs broken, several ribs, fractured pevice and a broken neck. Condidering the Dr. is in his late '50s, his mom has got to be twenty years older so her condition has everyone in the fanmily on pins and needles.
   Well the car is working again, starter still winds out now and then without engaging but I figure that that is probably the solenoid like my old Ford Falcons. Please not the starter. Yeah I could afford it but I could use the break!!!!
   Checkout is 11 in the anti-matter tomorrow and I will have one more shower after the mornibg clean up and spend time sitting by edge of pool with my legs dangling in while reading and eye on clock.
    Actually, that picture is just a little disturbing!
    This morning I got in and found what looked like trash in corner by cleaners but was mail. Someone had pried back off postal boxes in corner where they are hidden. Of course crooks not in least intimidated by fake cameras. They all know. I suspedt that outr lttle mall has become a target because they know that nothing is going to be done as far as real security here. Reason number two why I now carry Mace canister at all times when I am alone there and am thinking of buying large shock wand. Something that will take a bull down and make enough noise to scare away others. Would actually prefer large dog. Something that would intimidate just sitting there.
   But I can't see putting a dog through this.
                  Zen hugs, Joe

--0-1037588696-1058501337=:34619

<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; let's see where to begin??? Ah, Sui Generis .... er, going to far back.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Well anyway, I HAD planned to have the front brakes on the Van Gogh (fleet registry C57d) overhauled. I alo was going to have then look into wnat is my stater doing. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; That was the plan for Wednesday but Tuesday afternoon the engine quit. Just turned over merrily without starting. Craps, I said - many times, loudly - and left it in the lot of the mall across town. I got on the bus and found he mech still open so instead of driving in the next day they towed me in then. Well that added twenty-five to the bill. Could have been worse, believe me! It was either the fuel pump had died or the ignition module finally gave up the ghost at over 125,000 miles. Turned out to be the more expensive ignition module and they also replaced the pick-up. Don't know if that is just the rotor in this model or they had to put in a new distributor. On brakes they didn't need to replace the brake disk like I thought but the cylinder was shot,&nbsp; At first they thought I also needed new boostrer for the brakes but after replacing the master cylinder it checked out fine. In the end it was $750 after taxes but the van is okay again Alsotonight is last of
 3 nights I took in cheapest motel I could find close. That was another $150.00. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; This is why i try to bank whatever I can. I do indulge myself on some things but this has eaten up my last two months earnings from the mall clean-ups and I must put off that new uncracked windshield and fixing my laptop (unless I can clear up the warranty problem. Love the computer but really don't like Hewart-Packard, the company)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; However I have been enjoying a real bed again in an air-conditioned room&nbsp; - has been over 100 degrees here this past week! Also I have been going down to the small pool they have and soaking my legs in the cool wate. It really has helped a lot. I have come to realize that the trouble with my legs is tied to this heat. Well maybe not all of it but a good deal anyway!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; You have probably heard about the accident in Santa Monica where the car ran through the farmer's market a day back. Dr. Khani, who owns the mall I work in, his mother was one of the people struck and in critical condition. Both legs broken, several ribs, fractured pevice and a broken neck. Condidering the Dr. is in his late '50s, his mom has got to be twenty years older so her condition has everyone in the fanmily on pins and needles.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Well the car is working again, starter still winds out now and then without engaging but I figure that that is probably the solenoid like my old Ford Falcons. Please not the starter. Yeah I could afford it but I could use the break!!!!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; Checkout is 11 in the anti-matter tomorrow and I will have one more shower after the mornibg clean up and spend time sitting by edge of pool with my legs dangling in while reading and eye on clock.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Actually, that picture is just a little disturbing!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This morning I got in and found what looked like trash in corner by cleaners but was mail. Someone had pried back off postal boxes in corner where they are hidden. Of course crooks not in least intimidated by fake cameras. They all know. I suspedt that outr lttle mall has become a target because they know that nothing is going to be done as far as real security here. Reason number two why I now carry Mace canister at all times when I am alone there and am thinking of buying large shock wand. Something that will take a bull down and make enough noise to scare away others. Would actually prefer large dog. Something that would intimidate just sitting there.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; But I can't see putting a dog through this.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Zen hugs, Joe</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1037588696-1058501337=:34619--