[Hpn] MindFreedom Fast Blog in the 2003 Blogathon To Benefit SCI Hunger Strike Fund

Morgan W. Brown norsehorse@hotmail.com
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 00:20:44 -0400

MindFreedom Fast Blog: http://mindfreedom-fast.crimsonblog.com
Announcement

MindFreedom Fast Blog in the 2003 Blogathon
To Benefit the MindFreedom - Support Coalition International (SCI)
Hunger Strike Fund

Just found out about the 2003 Blogathon  http://www.blogathon.org  yesterday
(Friday, July 18, 2003) when I was catching up on some of my online reading
and came across the July 11, 2003 post on MSNBC's Web Central entitled
Blogging the World a Better Place: http://www.msnbc.com/news/809307.asp

This helped inspire me, after much thought about doing it on such short
notice, to take the plunge and join this year's Blogathon as a blogger.

Blogging Round the Clock
for Meaningful Change

The rules of the Blogathon states "Each participant must update every 30
minutes for the 24- hour period beginning on July 26, 2002, at 0600 Pacific
Time. Everyone blogs during the same 24-hour period. [...]"

This will mean that I will be blogging the MindFreedom Fast Blog
http://mindfreedom-fast.crimsonblog.com  round the clock for 24 hours solely
to benefit the MindFreedom Fast Fund for the upcoming (beginning Saturday,
August 16, 2003; being held in Pasadena, California) MindFreedom - Support
Coalition (SCI) Hunger Strike for Human Rights in Mental Health:
http://www.mindfreedom.org/mindfreedom/hungerstrike.shtml

Staying Power

Some of the places I stay at, have an online access computer available for
my use. It is there I find some good quality and uninterrupted time to spend
blogging or doing other (unpaid) work online.

Have done my share of all-nighters too; some of these spent mostly online
actually, when the online access is available anyway.

In fact, this past Monday (July 14, 2003) I had a bad night and stayed up
all night at one place I was staying at the time, watching television and
also doing some old fashion writing with pen and paper; as there is no
online access available to me there.

Then Wednesday evening (July 16, 2003), while staying elsewhere with online
access available, I stayed up all night busy on the Internet, including
working on building this blog. So I have lots of practice and experience to
bank on in this regard.

My blogging and other online (unpaid) work takes place using public access
computers and sometimes, when available, the computers of friends and
allies.

Preparations

I will be using this next week, before the start of the Blogathon, to get my
Blogging site(s) set up. I am confident I will manage to find someone to
allow me use of their premises, computer and Internet access for a straight
24 hours. No doubts about it.

Call for Sponsors

It is my hope that you, and others you may know, will consider sponsoring me
(Morgan W. Brown aka Norsehorse) to benefit the MindFreedom Support
Coalition International (SCI) Hunger Strike Fund:
http://www.blogathon.org/sponsorsignup.php?p=1685

If you are interested in doing so, simply click onto the link above and it
will take you to the specific Blogathon page provided for that purpose,
complete with instructions on how to proceed.

Further information about the event as well how to sponsor a blogger is
available at the Blogathon Website: http://www.blogathon.org/

When the event is over, each sponsor will receive an email from the staff of
the Blogathon asking them to donate directly to the charity for which the
sponsored blogger(s) were blogging on behalf and for the benefit of.

Please make sure to inform others about the 2003 Blogathon as well.

In Support of Human Rights in Mental Health,

Morgan <norsehorse@hotmail.com>
Morgan W. Brown
Montpelier Vermont USA
Norsehorse's Home Turf: http://nht.blogspot.com

PS: Please feel free to circulate this entire message, as is, widely as well
as broadly. -- MWB