[Hpn] Re: These men are "scum" and they have got away with and done this for years!!

jamieandjoe@mutualaid.org jamieandjoe@mutualaid.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:44:42 -0400 (EDT)

  If there is profit and abuse then of course you need to be outraged.
Additionally I hope you are DOING something specifically about it.
Protest and rukus in the street is preferable to funerals any day. I
should know.I don't like police myself so I can understand that part of
your issue. Again all I know is what I see writen here- I'm NOT in your
area.

  What I am writing about is that the food that gets donated NEEDs
distibution NOT being trashed. [ you'd be surprised how much of what
gets trash is small amounts of canned goods in addition to breads,
pasteries and fresh vegtables. And  what I've seen written about this
via the articles you have posted looks like redistribution to the needy
so far. As to your comment about my "history lesson", the stores donate
what THEY would be putting in the trash. They want thier tax write off
so they give it to soup kitchens instead. What I wrote was that INSTEAD
of throwing out surplus, we used it for the poor and homeless. They[the
stores] shoud be pleased that the food is used by those who need it; NOT
unhappy that the shelter that lets people die so easily also throws
suplus away for better accounting purposes. They get their write-off
anyway. So we need to make sure that suplus donations GET redistibuted
rather then thrown away or sold on the street.
                                  Solidarity Bork

 Brothers And Sisters,