[Hpn] These men are "scum" and they have got away with and done this for years!!

jamieandjoe@mutualaid.org jamieandjoe@mutualaid.org
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:40:05 -0400 (EDT)

  Ok, I know I'll take flack for it but I don't share your outrage about
this. This often happens in kitchens which recieve too many donations to
be able to use the food before it needs to be thrown out. It often is
the following chioce- pass the food on to another place that will give
it to people who need it OR THROW IT OUT as putrified garbage when it
rots in the soup kitchens pantry. Which do you prefer- food to be eaten
mostly by those who would go hungry or food to go bad and become part of
a land fill? Nothing I have seen about these two has yet to make me
think that this is anything different. I have seen no claims that they
profited from it.[ Which WOULD BE outragous and contemptable! Just as
contemptable as the poverty pimpdom of so many of these soup kitchens
and shelters and other "service" programs!]
  I am homeless currently.  When I had a home, I volenteered at a soup
kitchen. We regularly got too many of some items. It wouldn't fit in the
pantry and the poverty pimp part of the soup kitchen wouldn't give out
"extra' to its "clients". We would then informaly and "off the
books"[though with the knowlge if not EXPICIT permission of the person
who recived a fat salery from the soup kitchen- it saved on dumpster
fees.]give it to other programs that needed it or distributed it to the
hungry in the park ourselves. Because if we didn't, it would be put
{often immediately] in the dumpster. I believe we did the right thing.
And would do it again when faced with the same choice! Certainly the
homeless and poor who got some food from us seemed to think so. But if I
was in Mancheaster maybe I would be arrested. So go on - condemn me if
you will but I would advise you to save your outrage for the real bad
guys- the poverty pimps and the rich.   solidarity Bork