[Hpn] Thanks for sahring your story tonight.

HC Covington HC Covington <hccjr@bellsouth.net>
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 01:33:40 -0600

Dear Morgan:

It is really unique that I too have been meditating on the
subject of "Silence" today.  It ended up with a posting a little
before 10:00 that went 39 years back in my own life. (see below)
I too seem to need breaks from the issues and long for the time
when I can take a long weekend "off" without posting several
hundred messages a week.

Thanks for sharing your story tonight.  HPN keeps reminding me
that I (we) are NOT ALONE ........... There are times, though
where I find my self singing a version of "Oh TOM, Where Art Thou
My Brother?"

Sonny
=============================

Date:  Tue Feb 25, 2003  9:51 pm
Subject:  To a homeless person there is nothing quite so loud as "The
Sound of Silence........"

Thoughts for Today....To a homeless person there
is nothing quite so LOUD as "The Sound of Silence..."
as others ignore his/her very existence. Paul Simon
said it this way:

The Sound of Silence

Hello darkness, my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again,
Because a vision softly creeping,
Left its seeds while I was sleeping,
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within, ............... the sound of silence.

In restless dreams, I walked alone
Narrow streets of cobblestone,
'Neath the halo of a street lamp,
I turned my collar to the cold and damp
When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched, .......... the sound of silence.

And in the naked light I saw
Ten thousand people, maybe more.
People talking without speaking,
People hearing without listening,
People writing songs that voices never share
And no one dare
Disturb, ...............the sound of silence.

"Fools" said I, "You do not know
Silence like a cancer grows.
Hear my words that I might teach you,
Take my arms that I might reach you."
But my words like silent raindrops fell,
And echoed
In, ....................the wells of silence

And the people bowed and prayed
To the neon god they made.
And the sign flashed out its warning,
In the words that it was forming.
And the sign said, "The words of the prophets
are written on the subway walls
And tenement halls."
And whisper'd, ......in the sounds of silence.

- Paul Simon - "Wednesday Morning 3 A.M."- 1964
source:
http://www.medialab.chalmers.se/guitar/sounds.of.silence.lyr.html

 THE HOMELESS NEWS
http://egroups.com/group/HomelessNews/