[Hpn] Art Happening: Nude Protest Needs Volunteers

wendy iam@wendypolyploidy.com
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:36:05 -0500

Hi,
I'm a NYC artist working on locally based projects that address timely
issues that Americans are are faced with. Your in my address book
(probably from Moxie, Green Galactic or 28 Days Records)) so I'm
writing to invite you to be part of my next project. If your not in
NYC, please pass this on to any friends you may have in NY.

Maybe you saw a project that I produced in Central Park a little over a
week ago ( http:;//www.wendypolyploidy.com/nobush ). Here I spelled a
simple message of NO bUSH with naked bodies to tell people around the
world that citizens of NYC don't agree George Bush. This photo was done
to contribute to a growing series of photos shot by groups around the
world. It worked, we had half to full page coverage in The New York
Times, The Post, Daily News, Newsday etc. And coverage from all the TV
networks, the BBC and half hour replays on CNN (press:
http://wendypolyploidy.com/nobush/press/index.html ). This was when the
media was barely covering anti-war protests. It was a blast doing it
(check out the quick time video on my site (
http:;//www.wendypolyploidy.com/nobush ).

I'm recruiting now for the next project. I hope you'll join me in this,
without you it doesnt happen. And, I'm pretty sure you'll have a great
experience.

Next Project: This project captures the uniquely American experience of
war.
If President Bush moves ahead with his plans to go to war, Americans
will see an elaborate TV marketing campaign designed for us by our
government. More than likely it will resemble what we saw during the
Gulf War. Scud missiles will light up dark unfamiliar skies. They will
land in unknown locations causing uncertain damage to faceless people.
We'll get reports of hits and misses from our newscasters. The whole
spectacle will resemble a video game. We may even get fancy graphics
like we did during the Gulf War making the war coverage look like the
Super Bowl.  From our couches and through our television sets, pop corn
in hand, we will digest a made for TV message that the government and
media will feed us. 'Prime Time Battlefield' will expose this nuance of
American culture while asking us to examine our own desensitization to
the hard realities of war.

For this project I need volunteers to be:  nude wounded bodies in the
battlefield

DATE/TIME: Prime Time Battlefield will take place during the first week
of March. This is subject to change. The date, time and meeting
location are announced approximately 24 hours in advance.  The whole
event should take less than an hour.

Thank you again for supporting this project. I look forward to hearing
from you and meeting you soon! Please send your friend our way if
they're interested.
Peace and Very Best,
Wendy

http://www.wendypolyploidy.com