[Hpn] 2nd? Annual HPN Christmas Song Parody challenge?

Becky A Johnson becky_johnson@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:17:21 -0800 (PST)

--0-974287706-1070507841=:30682

Paula,
Here is one we update every year to accomodate the new mayor.

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
but not in Santa Cruz
Mayor Kennedy has a Sleeping Ban
he'll cite you if you snooze
And if you're warm beneath your quilts
your blankets you shall lose
Bad tidings, not comfort or joy
Comfort or joy
Bad tidings, not comfort or joy

--- Becky Johnson

paula farrell <paula_95814@yahoo.com> wrote:
We got a few good homeless X-mas songs last year, which I will try to find in one of my megabytes of files, compile and add to this season's collection.  If you got some more homeless songs, I would love to be able to sing them.

I wrote a song for a rally coming up soon at Board of Sups.  We have an inclusionary housing policy that requires about 15% of new housing developments to include affordable rentals.  The developers are trying to make a deal where they can meet their requirements by buying and dedicating land outside their development, to be built by someone else. I think the theme will be "dirt don't = housing".  Also we have winter shelter that closes every spring leaving people to sleep outdoors all but a few months, which is illegal to do in Sac.

[To the tune of We Wish You A Merry Christmas]
[chorus]
We wish for affordable housing
We wish for affordable housing
We wish for affordable housing
And shelter all year

In - clu - sion - ary
Policy's good
When developers build it
In the same neighborhood

[repeat chorus]

Plagurized by Paula

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
--0-974287706-1070507841=:30682

<DIV>Paula,</DIV>
<DIV>Here is one we update every year to accomodate the new mayor.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><U>God&nbsp;Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen</U></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>God&nbsp;Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen</DIV>
<DIV>but not in Santa Cruz</DIV>
<DIV>Mayor Kennedy has a Sleeping Ban</DIV>
<DIV>he'll cite you if you snooze</DIV>
<DIV>And if you're warm beneath your quilts</DIV>
<DIV>your blankets you shall lose</DIV>
<DIV>Bad tidings, not comfort or joy</DIV>
<DIV>Comfort or joy</DIV>
<DIV>Bad tidings, not comfort or joy</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>--- Becky Johnson<BR><BR><B><I>paula farrell &lt;paula_95814@yahoo.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
<DIV>We got a few good homeless X-mas songs last year, which I will try to find in one of my megabytes of files, compile and add to this season's collection.&nbsp; If you got some more homeless songs, I would love to be able to sing them.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I wrote a song for a rally coming up soon at Board of Sups.&nbsp; We have an inclusionary housing policy that requires about 15%&nbsp;of new housing developments to include affordable rentals.&nbsp; The developers are trying to make a deal where they can meet their requirements by buying and dedicating land outside their development, to be built by someone else.&nbsp;I think the theme will be "dirt don't = housing".&nbsp; Also we have winter shelter that closes every spring leaving people to sleep outdoors all but a few months, which is illegal to do in Sac.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>[To the tune of We Wish You A Merry Christmas]</DIV>
<DIV>[chorus]</DIV>
<DIV>We wish for affordable housing</DIV>
<DIV>We wish for affordable housing</DIV>
<DIV>We wish for affordable housing</DIV>
<DIV>And shelter all year</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In - clu - sion - ary</DIV>
<DIV>Policy's good</DIV>