[Hpn] to license or not to license

paula farrell paula_95814@yahoo.com
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:31:25 -0800 (PST)

Homeward Street Journal in Sacramento, CA.  We just
started vendor program recently.  Haven't had problems
until some vendors vended downtown on K Street.
That's the Downtown Partnership's jurisdiction (BID),
patroled by private security called "Guides".
Director requested city ordinance from city hall, gave
our vendor supervisor a copy of it, kind of saying
"See! told ya so" and in the code it flat out exempted
having to have a permit for "selling" newspapers and
other freedom of speech literature.  Now the guides,
I've been told by a vendor, have been carrying around
a copy of the code with the "except for" part cut off.
 We may have to meet with the director to straighten
it out if possible.
Paula