[Hpn] Re: [KWRU:] Break the Media Blackout Conference

Jan Lightfoot janshouse@yahoo.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:33:03 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1639510424-1033061583=:67616

Please post somewhere:

Maine non-profit group, to use a 3 month exhibit on Poverty, Hunger and Homeless to break the meadia blackout. Hospitality House Inc., will have a display in attempts to make people feel what poverty is like. in the Waterville Maine area.  School -kid via their teachers will be invited to contribute  to the collection.   Also as well as the public, students will be invited view this one of a kind display, from Nov 02, until Jan. 03.

It is our hopes, the media will not realize what they are covering, until the public starts to ask, WHY IS THE SYSTEM BROKEN?  The name of the exhibit is

     "Bits and Pieces of Yesterday's Poverty."  Hospitality House Inc. seek coverage before we open, and after we open.  We also seek people of talent to help us obtain national coverage.

    Cash will be required to rent the store, pay salary of the person who catologs and designs the individual displays. Also for materials to design the exhibits.  The non-profit  also seeks display cases.

We are asking the general public to donate or loan items which  demonstate the lack of hope, of the poor, as a wringer washer which their mother used from 1957 until  1974.   A torn dress or pants, or a handmade dress, which caused school kids to make fun of you.  Or your mother or grandmothers tattered and holy shoes, which was patched with cardboard and still worn.  Bus passes for low-income folks, WWII Ration cupons or tokens.  WE seek documents and tangable items.

Be imaginative. Will be grateful for "Anything" which will stir the heart and lift peoples understand.  If you intend item as a loan, please write that.  If item is too large to fit in an 10 X 14 or so envelope, Contact myself at PO Box 62 Hinckley ME. 04944. Or phone 207/861-7069.

AS said earlier Hospitality House Inc. IS in need of cash, and also volunteers.

Help us break the Blackout by telling people what poverty is like.   Am open to most ideas.  Help us create a mood on having broadcast and print media carry the word of How to End Human Lack.

Jan Lightfoot-Lane

--0-1639510424-1033061583=:67616

<P>Please post somewhere:</P>
<P>Maine non-profit&nbsp;group, to use a 3 month exhibit on Poverty, Hunger and Homeless to break the meadia blackout. Hospitality House Inc., will have a display in attempts to make people feel what poverty is like. in the Waterville Maine area.&nbsp; School -kid via their teachers will be invited to contribute&nbsp; to the collection.&nbsp;&nbsp; Also as well as the public, students will be invited view this one of a kind display, from Nov 02, until Jan. 03.</P>
<P>It is our hopes, the media will not realize what they are covering, until the public starts to ask, WHY IS THE SYSTEM BROKEN?&nbsp; The name of the exhibit is</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;"Bits and Pieces of Yesterday's Poverty."&nbsp; Hospitality House Inc. seek coverage before we open, and after we open.&nbsp; We also seek people of talent to help us obtain national coverage.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Cash will be required to rent the store, pay salary of the person who catologs and designs the individual displays.&nbsp;Also for materials to design the exhibits.&nbsp; The non-profit&nbsp;&nbsp;also seeks display cases. </P>
<P>We are asking the general public to donate or loan items which&nbsp; demonstate the lack of hope, of the poor, as a wringer washer which their mother used from 1957 until &nbsp;1974.&nbsp;&nbsp; A torn dress&nbsp;or pants, or a handmade&nbsp;dress, which caused school kids to make fun of you.&nbsp; Or your mother or grandmothers tattered and holy shoes, which was patched with cardboard and still worn.&nbsp; Bus passes for low-income folks, WWII Ration cupons or tokens.&nbsp; WE seek documents and tangable items.</P>
<P>Be imaginative. Will be grateful for "Anything" which will stir the heart and lift peoples understand.&nbsp; If you intend item&nbsp;as a loan, please&nbsp;write that.&nbsp; If item is too large to fit in an 10 X 14 or so envelope, Contact myself at PO Box 62 Hinckley ME. 04944. Or phone 207/861-7069.&nbsp; </P>
<P>AS said earlier Hospitality House Inc. IS in need of cash, and also volunteers. </P>
<P>Help us break the Blackout by telling people what poverty is like.&nbsp;&nbsp; Am open to most ideas.&nbsp; Help us create a mood on having broadcast and print media carry the word of How to End Human Lack.</P>
<P>Jan Lightfoot-Lane</P>
<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
--0-1639510424-1033061583=:67616--