[Hpn] South County Shelter

homey homey@ids.net
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:31:25 -0400

Hi folks,

I stayed at the South County Shelter when I was homeless, seems like long
ago.  It's a nice place, one of the better shelters around Rhode Island. I
also was the interim person (ran the shelter) while they were searching for
their new executive director in 1995 - 1996.  I sort of held it together
while they worked it out.  The director prior to her left suddenly and she
picked up the pieces.  Imagine going back to run the shelter you once lived
in?  Linda is a nice person, seems well liked by those using the shelter. It
was a good experience, though a rough one under the circumstances.  Of
course people wanted me to stay, but I thought it best to let the new person
start fresh.  Plus, I wanted to shake things up a bit at the state level!

catalina