[Hpn] Brown Bag Justice Alert!!!! New Santa Monica Laws Proposed to Ban Outdoor Meal Distribution Programs and Sleeping in Doorways

Jennafer Yellowhorse makingchange@earthlink.net
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:26:58 -0700

--B_3115196818_1397279

Brown Bag Justice News Alert!

New laws are being proposed by the City of Santa Monica to ban Outdoor Meal
Distribution Programs and Sleeping in Doorways during night hours.  See the
enclosed attachments.   Which it won't be long before these laws will be
copied by Cities near you.

I am enclosing my most recent letter to the Santa Monica Lookout
(http://www.surfsantamonica.com/)  who has authored a string of
anti-homeless articles with anti-homeless respondents leaving their
editorial opinions, and I forwarded it to Santa Monica City Council, Staff
and local groups.  Your support is urgently needed since a decision will be
made on September 24th, separately from the Council's Review of the City's
Coordinated Plan on Homeless Services.

We, the unhoused of Santa Monica, of course are asking for Brown Bag
Justice.

1.  A list of contacts.
2.  My letter to Lookout and to SM Council which you will find below the
footer of this message.

Please distribute far and wide.  Thank you for your support.

--
Jennafer Yellowhorse <makingchange@earthlink.net>

Making Change...
A community human rights newspaper
empowering the poor and unhoused
with an income and a voice.
P.O. Box 3622
Santa Monica, CA 90408
(310) 399-7020
Fax  (310) 392-8229
http:  www.geocities.com/homelesssm

1.  Contacts for Decision Makers on the Proposed Ordinances to Ban Outdoor
Meal Distribution Programs and Sleeping in Doorways.

Anti-homeless Councilmembers:

Robert Holbrook:  robert-holbrook@santa-monica.org
Herb Katz:  herb-katz@santa-monica.org
Pamela O'Connor :  pam-oconnor@santa-monica.org
Ken Genser:    city@genser.org
Richard Bloom:  richard@bloomlaw.net

Pro-Homeless Council that need to hear your support.  Kevin is up for
reelection and both are green party members.
Michael Feinstein:  feinstein@feinstein.org
Kevin McKeown:  kevin@mckeown.net

You can contact the Santa Monica Lookout about their anti-homeless articles
@:
Editor@surfsantamonica.com

--B_3115196818_1397279

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Brown Bag Justice Alert!!!! &nbsp;New Santa Monica Laws Proposed to =
Ban Outdoor Meal Distribution Programs and Sleeping in Doorways</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Charcoal">Brown Bag Justice News Alert!<BR>
<BR>
New laws are being proposed by the City of Santa Monica to ban Outdoor Meal=
 Distribution Programs and Sleeping in Doorways during night hours. &nbsp;Se=
e the enclosed attachments. &nbsp;&nbsp;Which it won't be long before these =
laws will be copied by Cities near you.<BR>
<BR>
I am enclosing my most recent letter to the Santa Monica Lookout (http://ww=
w.surfsantamonica.com/) &nbsp;who has authored a string of anti-homeless art=
icles with anti-homeless respondents leaving their editorial opinions, and I=
 forwarded it to Santa Monica City Council, Staff and local groups. &nbsp;Yo=
ur support is urgently needed since a decision will be made on September 24t=
h, separately from the Council's Review of the City's Coordinated Plan on Ho=
meless Services.<BR>
<BR>
We, the unhoused of Santa Monica, of course are asking for Brown Bag Justic=
e.<BR>
<BR>
1. &nbsp;A list of contacts.<BR>
2. &nbsp;My letter to Lookout and to SM Council which you will find below t=
he footer of this message.<BR>
<BR>
Please distribute far and wide. &nbsp;Thank you for your support.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
Jennafer Yellowhorse &lt;makingchange@earthlink.net&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Making Change...<BR>
A community human rights newspaper <BR>
empowering the poor and unhoused <BR>
with an income and a voice.<BR>
P.O. Box 3622<BR>
Santa Monica, CA 90408<BR>
(310) 399-7020<BR>
Fax &nbsp;(310) 392-8229<BR>
http: &nbsp;www.geocities.com/homelesssm<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
1. &nbsp;Contacts for Decision Makers on the Proposed Ordinances to Ban Out=
door Meal Distribution Programs and Sleeping in Doorways.<BR>
<BR>
Anti-homeless Councilmembers:<BR>
<BR>
Robert Holbrook: &nbsp;<U>robert-holbrook@santa-monica.org<BR>
</U>Herb Katz: &nbsp;<U>herb-katz@santa-monica.org<BR>
</U>Pamela O'Connor : &nbsp;<U>pam-oconnor@santa-monica.org</U> <BR>
Ken Genser: &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<U>city@genser.org</U> <BR>
Richard Bloom: &nbsp;<U>richard@bloomlaw.net<BR>
</U><BR>
Pro-Homeless Council that need to hear your support. &nbsp;Kevin is up for =
reelection and both are green party members.<BR>
Michael <FONT COLOR=3D"#000098">Feinstein: &nbsp;<U>feinstein@feinstein.org<B=

</U>Kevin McKeown: &nbsp;<U>kevin@mckeown.net<BR>
</U><BR>
You can contact the Santa Monica Lookout about their anti-homeless articles=
 @:<BR>
</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"5"><U>Editor@surfsantamonica.com</U></FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"=
#FF8000"><FONT SIZE=3D"4"> <BR>
<BR>