[Hpn] Homeless and Housing News for July 30,
2002 - URL Index #203 - SAMPLE ISSUE -
H. C. Covington
H. C. Covington" <firstname.lastname@example.org
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 01:35:57 -0500
The Homeless and Housing News for July 30, 2002 Index #203
To view or download the following articles, click on the "Live Link URL"
under each article OR go to the web site at URL:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homelessnews and click on "Messages"
There are 25 Topics in this Index with live links:
Location/City/State ........... Article Title
............................News Source .................. Date
Live Link URL .......
1. Nationwide - Homeless and Housing News: Topic Index # 202 -
for July 29, 2002
2. Cape Cod, MA - Cape Cod homeless: who, how and why? -
Cape Cod Times - July 28, 2002
3. Raleigh, NC - No need to hide: Homeless Bob won't bother us
any more - The Raleigh News & Observer - June 1, 2002
4. Hyannis, MA - "THROWN-AWAY" children make up a significant
part of the homeless - Cape Cod Times - July 28, 2002
5. Raleigh, NC - A roof for everyone: a plan to end homelessness
in North Carolina - The News & Observer - June 1, 2002
6. Fredericksburg, Va. - Fredericksburg needs to accept homeless
- The Free Lance-Star - June 25, 2002
7. Raleigh, NC - Official says death of Homeless man likely
accidental - The News & Observer - July 9, 2002
8. Manatee, FL - Community Coalition on Homelessness boosts
homeless project - Bradenton Herald - Jun. 27, 2002
9. Detroit, MI - Giving money contributes to homelessness on
Wayne State campus - The South End News - February 2, 2002
10. Nationwide - Charities Find Donors Scarce as Market Losses
Compound - New York Times - July 30, 2002
11. New York, NY - Rise in Homeless People Taxes Mayor's
Strategy - News Day - July 30, 2002
12. Osaka, Japan - New law may raise prospects for homeless -
The Japan Times - July 30, 2002
13. Nationwide - Non Profit - Community Development Training
Institute -Free and Online 24/7 - Classes start in September
14. Oklahoma City - Oklahoma Food bank's distributions up 30
percent The Oklahoman - July 30, 2002
15. Washington, DC - Misguided Medicine A stunning finding about
antidepressants ignored - Washington Post - July 29, 2002
16. Hackensack, NJ - Hackensack Homeless facility plans on hold
..again - The Bergen Record - July 28, 2002
17. Malden, MA - City will get 19 affordable units: families
ending up in shelter risen 67 percent - The Boston Globe - July
18. New York, NY - NYC APPROVES `STEALTH' HOMELESS
SHELTERS - New York Post - July 28, 2002
19. Las Vegas, NV - Clark County (Las Vegas) voters will consider
a 'homeless tax' initiative - Las Vegas Sun - July 28, 2002
20. Denton, TX - New 470-bed, $19.2 million jail stands empty as
County officials argue - Houston Chronicle - July 27, 2002
21. Victoria, Australia - Salvation Army opens homeless motel for
hard times -The Herald Sun and Weekly Times - July 28, 2002
22. Santa Cruz, CA - Previously pastoral Santa Cruz facing all
the trouble of a big city - San Francisco Chronicle -July 29, 2002
23. Nationwide - Side Effect of Welfare Law: The "No-Parent"
Family The New York Times - July 29, 2002 >>>
24. Nationwide - Alcohol, Mental Problems Rife in U.S. Workforce
HealthScout News - July 29, 2002 >>>
25. San Francisco, CA - Care-Not-Cash growing in support among
voters San Francisco Examiner - July 29, 2002 >>>
Whenever you see an article on Homelessness in your local or
regional news, drop us a note with the title of the article,
newspaper or magazine name, and approximate date. We will search
it out and post it to the forum too.
If you have an online copy, you can send us an article via email
If you have a "hard copy," you may fax it to 1-775-213-6070.
You are encouraged to share The Homeless and Housing News with
those in your Homeless Coalition or Continuum of Care Network.
Share a copy by fax or email and, if they choose, they can
subscribe to this nonprofit service any one of three ways:
1. Send a blank email to: HomelessNewsemail@example.com OR
2. Write a personal email to HomelessNews@yahoogroups.com with
the subject or message as "Subscribe" and we will be happy to
personally add them to the membership. OR
3. They can go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomelessNews/join
and register for a Yahoo I.D. and personal password.
We all seek to speak clearly about the lack of safe, sanitary,
secure, and adequate housing that is needed to house the homeless
- "in our own local backyards" - it is helpful to know what
others accross the country are saying and doing too.
Please let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions of how
this informational resource can be improved to provide better
service to you, to your nonprofit organization, and especially
'to those called homeless' whom you seek to serve.
H. C. [Sonny] Covington, Editor
Nonprofit Information Specialist
"Remember, to be truly helpful
to those called homeless, We
must make HOPE possible,
rather than despair convincing."
# # #
There are three ways to receive this service:
1. Special Message Format [that is the version you are reading]
2. Daily Digest with plain text messages attached [large email file]
3. Individual Email articles 24/7 as they are posted
If you wish to change your delivery option, please let us know.