[Hpn] Homeless and Housing News for July 22,
2002 - Index of 15 news articles added as of 1:00PM
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:11:48 -0500
The Homeless and Housing News for July 22, 2002
Digest #193 15 news articles added as of 1:00PM
To view or download these articles, go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homelessnews and click on "Messages."
[Note: The newest articles are always at the BOTTOM of the page.]
Location / City Article Title
1. Special Notice - Changes made to serve you better (see below)
2. Washington, DC - HHS AWARDS NEARLY $19 MILLION TO 149 HEALTH
CENTERS - HHS Press Release - July 18, 2002
3. Hyannis, MA - Police Clean Out Six Dozen Homeless Camps On Cape
Cod - TheBostonChannel - July 18, 2002
4. Lawrence , MA - Man Donates $25,000 To Homeless Shelter -
TheBostonChannel - July 18, 2002
5. Dakota County, MN - Three hots and a cot at the Dakota County jail
will no longer be free - St. Paul Pioneer Press - July 17, 2002
6. New York, NY - Anxious Questions as a Homeless Shelter Nears - New
York Times - July 21, 2002
7. Boston, MA - MA budget eliminates Medicaid program for chronically
8. Boston, MA - Young people are "feeding the homeless," but not
solving "homelessness" - The Boston Herald - July 21, 2002
9. Montgomery County, MD - 'Homeless' Redefined for Schools by U.S.
District Court Judge - Washington Post - July 22, 2002
10. Arlington, TX - The Arlington Night Shelter is continuing to
refocus its services for the children - Star-Telegram - July 21, 2002
11. Arlington, TX - Computer class boots up homeless children's
learning - Star-Telegram - July 21, 2002
12. Fort Worth, TX - Study examined poverty, housing, homelessness
and hopelessness - Star-Telegram - July 15, 2002
13. San Francisco, CA - We, too, want change: every 3 days a
homeless person dies - San Francisco Examiner - July 16, 2002
14. San Francisco, CA - Chickens come home to roost - The Examiner -
July 12, 2002
15. San Francisco, CA - Care Not Cash hue and cry -The San Francisco
Examiner - July 19, 2002
If there are articles you wish to read or download, please go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/homelessnews/messages and browse down
to the article that is of interest to you. Click it and it will open.
[Note: The newest articles will always be found at the BOTTOM of the page.]
>From the response received (from over 200 Members and 2,000 visitors)
the articles being compiled are helping to bring more understanding
about the Life Disaster that is called "Chronic Homelessness" in
America. We hope you feel that your experience has been similar.
Thank you for your interest in helping "those called homeless."
Please let us know if you have ideas or suggestions of how this service can be
improved to assist your local efforts to End homelessness for "Just One
More....." this week, this month and this year.
If you would like to become a member, just send a blank email to
H. C. [Sonny] Covington, Editor
BTW, if you see an article in your local newspaper or magazine,
drop us a note and we will search it out and post it to the forum too.
# # #