[Hpn] Fwd: Let's Sweep Mel Out of Office!

Graeme Bacque gbacque@colosseum.com
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:32:49 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_SQ1Kr8+AY2igZE132dXyGQ)

------------forwarded message------------
From: "Anna Willats" <awillats@sympatico.ca>
To: "Anna" <awillats@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Let's Sweep Mel Out of Office!
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 21:09:11 -0400

My apologies if you are receiving this information more than
once.  If you want your address removed from this mailing list,
press reply and I will remove it promptly.

In solidarity,
Anna Willats

LETS SWEEP MEL OUT OF OFFICE!

Mel's done it again!  It has now been confirmed by several media
sources that the Mayor said to a CBC reporter (John Northcott) -
that he wishes he could sweep all the homeless off the streets!
He was responding to a question about whether police have been
conducting sweeps of homeless people and street youth leading up
to World Youth Days.

We call on all homeless people, tenants, housing advocates, our
visistors, all residents of Toronto, EVERYONE to meet tomorrow,
Friday July 19, 2002 at 10am outside City Hall to join us as we
go visit the Mayor's office to demand an apology and his
resignation.

Friday July 19, 2002
10am
Meet at City Hall (outside on Nathan Phillips Square)
BRING YOUR BROOM!!!

For more information, contact us at
Toronto Disaster Relief Committee
6 Trinity Square, Toronto, ON M5G 1B1
Phone: 416-599-8372, Fax: 416-599-5445
NEW EMAIL: mailto:tdrc@tdrc.net
NEW WEBSITE: http://www.tdrc.net

--Boundary_(ID_SQ1Kr8+AY2igZE132dXyGQ)--