[Hpn] Re: Rather than criminalize the displaced you should be working to resolve is...

wtinker wtinker@metrocast.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:56:15 -0400

Janet,

Excuse me if I lead with my head again!

We are all world neighbors, and citizens of this country, can you
discriminate against people because of faith,upbringing;ethnic or social
ideas?

Than perhaps you should be talking to some one from the  Ma. Coalition to
End Homelessness Laura Bridges might be able to give you some names and
suggestions.
I do know most of the Shelters are funded  per head count per year that
sleeps in their beds.

Perhaps we can require/request that federal matching funds be held up for
each person turned away not getting the grants as easily might give some
impetus to work towards helping involuntarily homeless that want a better
life but know not where to reach for it or ask?

Sorry that not every one has ability to use a public bathroom I am sure the
City locks these to keep out us Riff Raff.

But rest assured if you take and infringe on a persons rights some lawyer is
going to file suit down the road and sue the heck out of Hyannis for
consitutional rights violations or other things.

My self I think it would behoove the city to work with the Ma. Coalition to
End Homelessness or some of their members to really stop the police
harassment  that is being done at Hyannis city halls bidding.

At any rate we the former homeless and still homeless advocates and
activists try to work with you all but I fear that you have been placed on a
world wide global boycott of your city which we  put out on many lists and
to different persons  telling them that Hyannis is not the place to  go on
vacation or spend money in untill it changes its current policy of inhumane
treatment to the poor.

I do think people need to stop stero typing all homeless as  drunks or
druggies that in itself is a very discriminatory and bigoted out look.

I have been a home owner and  tax payer for the past 8 years but I can tell
you I have some homeless brothers and sisters whom I owe my life to how many
home owners in Hyannis can you  say this about?

Sincerely,
Bill
William Charles Tinker / founder
New Hampshire Homeless
25 Granite Street
Northfield,N.H. 03276 USA
603-286-2492
Advocates,activists for displaced,disabled human rights.
http://www.newhampshirehomeless.org
http://www.nationalhomeless.org/state/newhampshire.html
NH-ADAPT / NOT DEAD YET