[Hpn] Fw: Christmas 2002 - The dream - to help "Just One More ......."

H C Covington H C Covington <hccjr@bellsouth.net>
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:31:31 -0600

My Way .........

The life song adopted by a Homeless Advocate in 1972
when he was very wealthy and before he became one of
'those called homeless' himself in 1978 - before it is thought
that homelessness became "popular" in the mid 1980s.

Whether rich or poor, housed or homeless all that could
be done was to live life each day and live it to the
fullness "My Way" -  thirty years later, the story and
the song continues:
----------

And now the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I 'll say it clear,
I 'll state my case of which I 'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full,
I traveled each and every highway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it My Way.

Regrets, I 've had a few,
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exception
I planned each charted course
each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this,
I did it My Way.

Yes there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it My Way.

I 've loved,
I 've laughed and cried,
I 've had my fill, my share of losing
and now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing
to think I did all that
and may I say not in a shy way

Oh no, oh no not me
I did it My Way

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows
I took the blows -
And did it my way!
----------
Continuing into the new year, to follow the same star, but
hopefully Lord, I have learned to kneel, and confess the
things I feel.  I hope the record shows that I will still take
the blows but have learned to do it "Thy Way."

The dream - to help "Just One More ......." free themselves from
the spiritual, economic and physical bondage of the Life Disaster
that is called "Homeless in America" and to do it "Thy Way."

May peace, love, mercy, and joy be your bounty as you seek a
better "place" and "space" in which to build your future as I
do mine today.

Happy Holidays 2002!

Sonny

H. C. [Sonny] Covington