[Hpn] The Homeless News for December 15, 2002 - Live Link Digest Number 344
H C Covington
H C Covington <email@example.com>
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 06:53:58 -0600
Note: You have NOT been subscribed to 'The Homeless Daily News'
This copy comes to you courtesy of the Homeless Peoples Network
[HPN] ListServ listed at the bottom of this page.
© The Homeless News - December 15, 2002 - Live Link Digest Number 344
To view the below articles, click on the "Live Link" under each
article OR go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomelessNews/
and click on "Messages" to browse through any or all of the more
than 3,430 articles on homelessness posted since January 2002.
Remember, the most recently posted articles are always at the
bottom of the page.
There are 13 new articles added in this issue.
1. National - President Bush Adds Agencies to Faith-based and
Community Initiative - The White House - December 12, 2002
2. National - Executive Order: Faith-based and Community
Organizations - The White House - December 12, 2002
3. Hudson County, NJ - Task force created on homeless
- The Jersey Journal - December 14, 2002
4. Pasadena, CA - Homeless student's story gets attention
- Pasadena Star-News - December 13, 2002
5. Macomb, MI - Solid Ground gains control of building for
homeless shelter - Macomb Daily - December 14, 2002
6. Bowling Green, KY - Mayor responds to article on homeless
- The Daily News - December 14, 2002
7. Cleveland, OH - Homeless shelter site has officials at odds
- The Plain Dealer - December 14, 2002
8. Salem, OR - Winter wear and survival gear sought for the homeless
- The Statesman Journal - December 14, 2002
9. Fayetteville, AR - Rain-soaked student vigil raises $8,100 for
homeless - The Morning News - December 14, 2002
10. St. John, IN - Kolling youngsters bearish about homeless students
- Merryville Post-Tribune - December 14, 2002
11. Durham, NC - Expanded homeless shelter opens
- The Durham Herald-Sun - December 13, 2002
12. Boston, MA - Homeless at record levels, survey finds
- The Boston Globe - December 14, 2002
13. The Homeless News for December 14, 2002
- Live Link Digest Number 343 - 23 new articles
Check in often, as new articles are posted throughout the day.
You are encouraged to share the "Homeless News" with others
who are interested in Ending Homelessness in America.
To email an article or a note send it to:
To e-FAX an article, 1-775-213-6070 twenty-four
hours a day, seven days a week.
If you have comments, ideas, or suggestions - positive or
negative - please let us know.
H. C. [Sonny] Covington, Editor
Nonprofit Information Specialist for
Housing and Homeless Recovery
Voice support 1-800-678-5774
"Remember - to be truly helpful to those called homeless, we
must make HOPE possible, rather than despair convincing"