[Hpn] Homeless Daily News for August 27, 2002 - Issue 232
H. C. Covington
H. C. Covington" <email@example.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 08:52:08 -0500
Note: You have NOT been subscribed to a new ListServ.
This email comes to you through your subscription to HPN
THE HOMELESS AND HOUSING DAILY NEWS
August 27, 2002 - live Index to Articles - Issue # 232
To view the following articles, click on the "Live Link" under
each article OR go to the home page at:
and click on "Messages" to browse through all FY 2002 articles.
[The newest articles are always at the bottom of the page.]
Whenever you see an article on "The Homeless" or "Homelessness"
in your local news, email it to us (or drop us a note with the
title of the article, name of newspaper or magazine, and date.)
If you do not have the address, that's OK, we can search it out
and post it to the forum. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
There were 8 news articles added for this issue:
1. Homeless Daily News for August 26, 2002 - Issue 231
2. Los Angeles, CA - Bus Driver Accused of Killing Homeless
Man Freed on Bail - Los Angeles Times - August 22 2002
3. Oxnard, CA - Cable Channels to Air Shows on Homeless
- Los Angeles Times - August 24 2002
4. Los Angeles, CA - Redevelopment Plans for Skid Row
Raise Questions - Los Angeles times - August 24 2002
5. Leesburg, VA - Anti-sprawl fervor meets backlash
- USA TODAY - August 25, 2002
6. Los Angeles, CA - Homeless Advocates Sue L.A. Over
Downtown Plan - Los Angeles Times - August 21 2002
7. NYC, NY - Bloomberg: We'll Find Shelters for the homeless
- NY NewsDay - August 23, 2002
8. San Francisco, CA - San Francisco Rethinks Cash Aid
to Homeless - San Francisco Examiner - August 26, 2002
Remember, you are encouraged to share the "Homeless Daily News"
with others, especially those in your local Homeless Support
Organizations or Continuum of Care Networks (including Board
Members, city/county political leaders, donors, and volunteers)
If you have comments, ideas, or suggestions that could make this
research site of greater use to you and your organization, please
let us know.
H. C. Covington, Editor
The Homeless Daily News
"Remember, to be truly helpful
to those called homeless, We
must make HOPE possible, rather
than despair convincing."
. . . . # # # . . . .