[Hpn] Homeless Daily News for August 22, 2002 - Issue 227
H. C. Covington
H. C. Covington" <email@example.com
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 07:08:02 -0500
Homeless Daily News for August 22, 2002 Issue # 227
To view the following articles, click on the "Live Link" under
each article OR go to the home page at:
and click on "Messages" to browse through all the FY 2002 articles.
Whenever you see an article on "The Homeless" or "Homelessness"
in your local news, send it to us (or drop us a note) with the
title of the article, name of newspaper or magazine, and date.
If you do not have the address, that's OK, we will search it out
and post it to the forum too.
There were 10 news articles added today:
1. Homeless Daily News for August 21, 2002 - Issue 226
2. San Francisco, CA - Support plus housing key to ending
homelessness - San Francisco Chronicle - August 20, 2002
3. NYC, NY - Squatters Get New Name: Residents
- New York Times - August 21, 2002
4. San Francisco, CA - 'Care not cash'aka 'More muggings now?'
- San Francisco Chronicle - August 20, 2002
5. NYC, NY - Homelessness reaches record, mayor search for
answers - Boston Herald - August 20, 2002
6. Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Province provides additional
units for homeless - Canadian News Wire - August 20, 2002
7. Union City, CA - Group aims to shelter homeless
- San Jose Mercury News - August 21, 2002
8. Alameda County, CA - Homeless task force says counties
should pay bill - CONTRA COSTA TIMES - August 20, 2002
9. Marysville, WA - Family can't believe a house is
really home - Everett Daily Herald - August 21, 2002
10. Santa Clara County - Doctor's Teen Van brings health
care to homeless - San Jose Mercury News - August 21, 2002
Remember, you are encouraged to share the "Homeless Daily News"
with others, especially those in your local Homeless Coalition
or Continuum of Care Network (including your Board Members and
If you have comments, ideas, or suggestions that would make this
research site of greater use to you and your organization, please
let us know.
H. C. Covington, Editor
The Homeless Daily News
"Remember, to be truly helpful
to those called homeless, We
must make HOPE possible, rather
than despair convincing."
. . . . # # # . . . .
You or others can join this nonprofit research site by:
1. Sending a blank email to:
HomelessNewsfirstname.lastname@example.org OR by
2. Writing a personal email to HomelessNews@yahoogroups.com
with the Subject or Message as "Subscribe" and we will be happy to
personally add you to the membership. OR by
3. Going to the web sign-up page at:
and register for a Yahoo I.D. and personal password too.