[Hpn] NYC BOY KILLS HIMSELF IN HOMELESS SHELTER

H. C. Covington H. C. Covington" <icanamerica@bellsouth.net
Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:34:49 -0500

When I posted this to the The Homeless News yesterday, I "sub titled"
it as "Death by Homeless Shelter."

This should NOT have happened.  Every NYC system of support that was
supposed to protect and help this family failed at the cost of a 16
yr.
old boys life.

It is my understanding that a real investigation is being done to
place responsibility (not just blame) on the proper parties.

IMHO this boy was 'sacrificed by neglect' within the system and
the family should pursue legal action with a very good attorney.

This should not be allowed to happen again.

Sonny

Homeless & Housing Daily News
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HomelessNews