[Hpn] Mentors teach basic computer skills

Harmony Kieding worldhome@thesociety.net
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:03:37 -0700

Morgan (and anyone else interested),

The Digital Divide Network
http://www.digitaldividenetwork.org/content/sections/index.cfm

may be interested in the article you just forwarded here. It also has a mailing
list (the sign-up for which can be seen on the left menu of the url I just posted
above)

I have posted on that list a few times about my experiences with being homeless
and the Internet. I'm sure the people on the list would learn a lot from all
our experiences, quite frankly.

Harmony

WorldHome
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/causesindex.html

Digital Divide Links
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/digitaldivide.html

>Below is a forward of an article which reports on a unique way one local
>Vermont community chose to respond to help address a need some members of

>the community had, through a program which was developed concerning a
>favorite subject of mine. Following the forwarded article is a link to the

>Web page for the entity which hosts the program.
>
>Following that, are links to a three part series which I wrote about the
>Internet, computers, many needs which some members of any given community

>may have and, the need for mentoring programs to teach basic computer and

>Internet skills at various levels.
>
>Morgan <norsehorse@hotmail.com>
>Morgan W. Brown
>Montpelier Vermont