[Hpn] Future Changes @ North American Homeless News Network (NAHNN)

Morgan W. Brown norsehorse@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:18:18 -0400

On Monday (September 17, 2001) I received an e-mail from Dale Crabtree (of
Wheeler Mission Ministries (WMM) <http://www.wmm.org> in Indianapolis,
Indiana) inviting me to "take over" the North American Homeless News Network
(NAHNN) <http://www.wmm.org/NAHNN/NAHNN> Web site.

The North American Homeless News Network, NAHNN, is an effort to collect
news stories about the homeless in a central location.

NAHNN employs no reporters. Stories posted at the NAHNN are collected from
internet news groups and from web sites posted by various organizations that
have freely distributed the information.

After thinking it over for nearly 24 hours, before I responded back to Dale,
I finally replied to say that I would as well as asking some follow-up
questions about the transfer. Dale's response to my queries informed me that
NAHNN will no longer be able to be hosted at the Wheeler Mission Ministries
(WMM) Web site.

Dale informs me that NAHNN was started in more humble beginnings before
being hosted at WMM.

I am grateful to Dale for beginning this venture and for inviting me to take
on the responsibility of continuing and growing the NAHNN Web site. I
equally am grateful to WMM for allowing the NAHNN to be hosted at their Web
site during the period of its beginning first year-(plus) in which it was
available there.

For the time being, possibly several weeks if need be, NAHNN will be dormant
until I can accomplish the work and pull together the resources needed to
get the NAHNN up and running at a new location.

NAHNN may be changing hands, but it will not otherwise change from what it
current format, nature and mission was under Dale's watch.

While my short range plans and goals for the NAHNN is to get it up and
running at a new location under my management, I also have some future plans
and goals in mind to grow the site within what I understand the format,
nature and mission with which the Web site was first begun. These, more
long-term plans and goals, include creating an Online Resource Center
(commonly referred to as a Web site's "Bookmarks" or "Links" section)
regarding homelessness, affordable housing and what is termed these days as
"community building".

As the responsibility for the NAHNN is being transferred to me, e-mail
concerning the NAHNN should be sent to norsehorse@hotmail.com until I set up
another e-mail account for the NAHNN.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Morgan <norsehorse@hotmail.com>
Morgan W. Brown
Montpelier Vermont USA