[Hpn] Re: Petition to Bush

Jennafer Waggoner makingchange@earthlink.net
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:27:13 -0800

--MS_Mac_OE_3083675234_378630_MIME_Part

FYI - Here is another one to pass along...

--
Jennafer Waggoner <makingchange@earthlink.net>

Please sign the petition at
http://www.geocities.com/act_against_war/enter.html?lang=en
(don't mail it back to me)
and/or pass on to others as you see fit.
Thanks.

The petition reads:

Following the attacks of September 11, 2001, we are gathering signatures
to express
both our solidarity with the victims, and our fears of a possible
escalation of violence,
as well as to ask for a pacifist resolution of this issue.

Thank you for taking note of this initiative and for :
- coming to sign the petition on the web site
http://www.geocities.com/act_against_war/
  - sending this message to all of your contacts.

The team "Act Against War" will send all collected signatures to as many
political
representatives as possible.

To all our representatives,

We are shocked by the murderous attacks which rattled the United States
on September 11 .
We unanimously condemn the barbaric violence that has destroyed the lives
of thousands of
human beings, and think that the perpetrators of these acts must be
punished according to the
law.

However, in response to these attacks, the United States President,
George W. Bush, has given
rise to the possibility of massive attacks against the states that
presumably "host" these
terrorists. These measures are being supported by a large part of the
American population as
well as by Congress, which makes their enactment an unfortunate probability.

We citizens stand up against this possibility.

We consider that barbarity should never be the answer to barbarity. We
protest against the
possibility of blind bombings on innocent populations. The number of
civilian victims musn't
increase, whether it be out of vengence, national pride, or security
measures.

We fear that massive military action against any country will lead to a
more serious conflict,
where, in a worst-case scenario, the deployment of nuclear weapons would
be a reasonable
fear.

Therefore, we ask you, the elected representatives of political parties
or organizations, to take
notice of the fears and convictions of your fellow citizens. We implore
you to do everything
that you can to:
- Exert pressure on the American government in order to convince it to
use legal, diplomatic,
pacifist, and moderated means to find and imprison the persons
responsible for these attacks.
- Prevent our states from participating in a possible military operation
that either targets or
imperils, directly or indirectly, innocent civilians.
- Exercise, whenever possible, your veto rights against the organization
of such an attack.
- Relay our demands and distribute this petition as widely as possible,
to all political ranks and
to all states.

We thank you for the actions you will undertake and for the attention you
will give to this
petition. With our best regards,

--MS_Mac_OE_3083675234_378630_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Petition to Bush</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
FYI - Here is another one to pass along...<BR>
<BR>
-- <BR>
Jennafer Waggoner &lt;<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>makingchange@earthlink.net</=
U></FONT>&gt;<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><TT>Please sign the petition at<BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>http://www.geocities.com/act_against_war/enter.htm=
l?lang=3Den<BR>
</U></FONT>(don't mail it back to me)<BR>
and/or pass on to others as you see fit.<BR>
Thanks.<BR>
<BR>
The petition reads:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
 Following the attacks of September 11, 2001, we are gathering signatures <=

to express<BR>
 both our solidarity with the victims, and our fears of a possible <BR>
escalation of violence,<BR>
 as well as to ask for a pacifist resolution of this issue.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
 Thank you for taking note of this initiative and for :<BR>
 - coming to sign the petition on the web site <BR>
<FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF"><U>http://www.geocities.com/act_against_war/<BR>
</U></FONT> &nbsp;- sending this message to all of your contacts.<BR>
<BR>
 The team &quot;Act Against War&quot; will send all collected signatures to=
 as many <BR>
political<BR>
 representatives as possible.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
 To all our representatives,<BR>
<BR>
 We are shocked by the murderous attacks which rattled the United States <B=

on September 11 .<BR>
 We unanimously condemn the barbaric violence that has destroyed the lives =
<BR>
of thousands of<BR>
 human beings, and think that the perpetrators of these acts must be <BR>
punished according to the<BR>
 law.<BR>
<BR>
 However, in response to these attacks, the United States President, <BR>
George W. Bush, has given<BR>
 rise to the possibility of massive attacks against the states that <BR>
presumably &quot;host&quot; these<BR>
 terrorists. These measures are being supported by a large part of the <BR>
American population as<BR>
 well as by Congress, which makes their enactment an unfortunate probabilit=
y.<BR>
<BR>
 We citizens stand up against this possibility.<BR>
<BR>
 We consider that barbarity should never be the answer to barbarity. We <BR=

protest against the<BR>
 possibility of blind bombings on innocent populations. The number of <BR>
civilian victims musn't<BR>
 increase, whether it be out of vengence, national pride, or security <BR>
measures.<BR>
<BR>
 We fear that massive military action against any country will lead to a <B=

more serious conflict,<BR>
 where, in a worst-case scenario, the deployment of nuclear weapons would <=

be a reasonable<BR>
 fear.<BR>
<BR>
 Therefore, we ask you, the elected representatives of political parties <B=

or organizations, to take<BR>
 notice of the fears and convictions of your fellow citizens. We implore <B=

you to do everything<BR>
 that you can to:<BR>
 - Exert pressure on the American government in order to convince it to <BR=

use legal, diplomatic,<BR>
 pacifist, and moderated means to find and imprison the persons <BR>
responsible for these attacks.<BR>
 - Prevent our states from participating in a possible military operation <=

that either targets or<BR>
 imperils, directly or indirectly, innocent civilians.<BR>
 - Exercise, whenever possible, your veto rights against the organization <=

of such an attack.<BR>
 - Relay our demands and distribute this petition as widely as possible, <B=

to all political ranks and<BR>
 to all states.<BR>
<BR>
 We thank you for the actions you will undertake and for the attention you =
<BR>
will give to this<BR>
 petition. With our best regards, <BR>
</TT><BLOCKQUOTE><TT><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</TT></BLOCKQUOTE><TT><BR>
</TT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3083675234_378630_MIME_Part--