[Hpn] Think peace .......................

wtinker wtinker@metrocast.net
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:48:46 -0400

/NEWS/OPINION/LETTER

Think peace

Tuesday, September 18, 2001

Letter to the editor

As we have listened to the news in our country of the
horrendous events on Sept. 11, two emotions emerge. One is national grief.
The other is rage.
An overwhelming desire has emerged to do something in retaliation. But what?
We have watched retaliation between Palestine and Israel and in Northern
Ireland for years. What has been accomplished? We call upon our leaders to
use restraint and consider all possible options other than war. Let us heed
Gandhi's words: "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind!"

VIRGINIA COLLINS,
ALISON CEPLIKAS,
BARBARA BALES
Concord,N.H.

news@cmonitor.com
letters@cmonitor.com

 Concord Monitor and New Hampshire Patriot
P.O. Box 1177, Concord NH 03302
603-224-5301