[Hpn] Magic Carpet Ride

Lucinda Houston lucy@efn.org
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:01:05 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C13F70.6E0FC9A0

Why do I like speaking Spanish?  Because I love meeting,  greeting and =
communicating with those who speak it.

It makes me feel good, because I love other human beings, and I like to =
be able to speak the same language.

Short of any terror (fear) I might have felt being homeless,  I remember =
all the value in it.  How others could look after each other and be =
sensitive and caring.

The people experience was the thrilling part, the love that kept your =
heart and spirit alive and thriving even when things seemed gloomy.

I earnestly wanted to learn some Arabic, lately, so I could meet, greet, =
and communicate with others who speak it ...and a teacher came.  The =
class consisted of myself, another student, a 15 year old girl from the =
Caribbean, and our teacher, an Arabic.

Our teacher was very patient and persistent.  That night, we learned to =
say hi (greeting) and (sort of "welcome, fine, thank you) the reciprocal =
greeting.  We learned to say "how are you?" and we learned to respond.  =
We learned a few things.

I would liken the feeling in that class, to being on a magic carpet =
ride.  On a learning journey, in the cool night sky.  There was no war, =
there was only learning, a little laughter, and people.

It's fun to travel across the world, and transcend amid the turmoil =
below.

One thing I learned to be sure when homeless.  It is the feeling behind =
the words "brother" and "sister", and the intent, the will, and the =
understanding.  I know it applies to all.

Maybe we do have something good to offer and contribute.

Love & Peace,

Lucy

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C13F70.6E0FC9A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Why do I like speaking Spanish?&nbsp; Because I love meeting,&nbsp; =

greeting and communicating with&nbsp;those who speak it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It makes me feel good, because I love other human beings, and I =
like to be=20
able to speak the same language.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Short of any terror (fear) I might have felt being homeless,&nbsp; =
I=20
remember all the value in it.&nbsp; How others could look after each =
other and=20
be sensitive and caring.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The people experience was the thrilling part, the love that kept =
your heart=20
and spirit alive and thriving even when things seemed gloomy.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I earnestly wanted to learn some Arabic, lately, so I could meet, =
greet,=20
and communicate with others who speak it ...and a teacher came.&nbsp; =
The class=20
consisted of myself, another student, a 15 year old girl from the =
Caribbean, and=20
our teacher, an Arabic.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Our teacher was very patient and persistent.&nbsp; That night, we =
learned=20
to say hi (greeting) and (sort of "welcome, fine, thank you) the =
reciprocal=20
greeting.&nbsp; We learned to say "how are you?" and we learned to=20
respond.&nbsp; We learned a few&nbsp;things.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would liken the feeling in that class, to being on a magic carpet =

ride.&nbsp; On a learning journey, in the cool night sky.&nbsp; There =
was no=20
war, there was only learning, a little laughter, and people.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>It's fun to travel across the world, and transcend amid the turmoil =

below.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>One thing I learned to be sure when homeless.&nbsp; It is the =
feeling=20
behind the words "brother" and "sister", and the intent, the will, and =
the=20
understanding.&nbsp; I know it applies to all.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Maybe we do have something good to offer and contribute.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Love &amp; Peace,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Lucy</DIV>