[Hpn] St. Petersburg Grieves With US

john macpherson nyceguy50@yahoo.com
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 23:07:21 -0700 (PDT)

For a while I thought my computer was down. Then I
realized that the airports were closed, and the
security was enhanced throughout the nation as we
grieved.

I was at a council budget hearing when I hear the
news.
Please lets all consider the deaths were not in vein.
The battle was well indicated as to what they
targeted.  This army of seemingly terrorists sent the
message to many of us nearly immediately.  They were
opposing the trade policies and sanctions that have
been set against the Moslem nations. Who is the United
States to impose such harm that kills thousands every
month of the year for the past few decades. These
people die from there nutritional needs being not met.

Many of these sanctions have been endorsed through
trieties, and pacts with other UN countries, that
violate the UN constitution. What we witnessed was
more humane way of an eye for an eye. I do not approve
of what was done. I can not approve the war efforts as
of date. Nor can I respect George W Bush for his
actions.
 I am obligated to abide in the philosophies and laws
that govern all of these situations.  Therefor, some
of the sanctions must be lifted. The terrorist network
must be absolved of there crime, many of which are in
truth innocent, the guilty must be punished swiftly.
We must not harm those that were in favor of these
extremist as they were acting under the freedom of
speech that the USA enjoys, much of the financial
support came from those that are hurt by our sanctions
and hold no contemt to the American people only
against our policies.