[Hpn] FW: Petition to Bush

Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:14:29 -0700

Dear Friends,

This is an appeal to the leaders of our country to let sanity prevail. We
are all grief-stricken by the appalling, inhuman events of September 11.
However, in the terrible aftermath of these events, we must plead with our
leaders to remain calm and not rashly attempt to exact swift revenge.

This email is intended to serve as a petition to our president and members
of Congress. We wish them to know that not all Americans desire swift
retribution in the absence of clear evidence of the identities of those
responsible for this tragedy.

Please copy this email, sign it, and send it on. If you are the 50th person
(or multiple of 50) to receive this email, please send a copy of the message
to President Bush: president@whitehouse.gov

Also, please contact your Congressional legislators by telephone, letter,
and email. We must promptly alert our leaders of this urgent matter.

Dear President Bush,

We are deeply saddened by the events of September 11.  A grievous atrocity
has been committed against the people of the United States. We keenly feel
the nation's loss, and desire that justice be done.  However, we are
concerned that hasty assignment of responsibility could lead to actions that
might undermine the United States' safety and pursuit of justice.  We fear
that hasty action could heighten the anti-American sentiment that led to
this tragedy.  We trust that thorough investigation of these events and
cooperation with the international community will lead to lasting, peaceful
justice.

Sincerely,

Your fellow Americans,

1.? Stuart Isaac, Madison, Wisconsin
2.? Susan Gaeddert, Madison, Wisconsin
3.? Sandra G. Glick, Middleton, Wisconsin
4.? Norris R. Glick, Middlton,? Wisconsin
5.? Anne K. Glick, Washington, DC
6.? Jill Quinn, Washington, DC
7.? Ruth Walkup, Washington, DC
8.  Barbara Burton, Washington, DC
9.  Jim Wehmeyer, Washington, DC
10. Nisha Varia, New York City
11. Usma Khan, Washington DC
12. Margaret Davis, Washington, DC
13. Melanie Pilbin, Stowe, VT
14. Michael Bass, Oakland, CA
15. Carole R. Brown, Oakland, CA
16. Karen S. Klingel, San Anselmo, CA
17. Jan Bauman, Mill Valley, CA
18. David Nelson, Mill Valley, CA
19. Laurie Bauman, Bainbridge Island, WA
20.  Karen Klein, San Francisco, California
21.  Benjamin Golvin, San Francisco, California
22.  Susan Mizner, San Francisco, CA
23.  chance martin, San Francisco, CA