[Hpn] Kirk Watson has announced special election on Nov. 6th for Mayor of Austin Texas

wtinker wtinker@metrocast.net
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:59:33 -0400

**To All Advocates And Activists World Wide**
Please read and throw your support towards this candidate for Mayor of
Austin Texas,
we need a few helpers whom can lend support to ex homeless John MacPherson's
run for this office!
Thanks!
Bill
From: "john macpherson" <nyceguy50@yahoo.com>
To: "wtinker" <wtinker@metrocast.net>
Re: Kirk Watson has announced special election on Nov. 6th

 About three weeks ago Kirk Watson made it official
that he would resign his post in order to run for
Attorney General to the State of Texas.  The week
prior a release of that nature came out at which point
I decided to run for the office. For a few days there
was speculation that another Council member would run
for the office. As of last Thursday no one from the
inside has made a bid. Former Council member Gus
Garcia has made some motions to run however he has of
yet to file the paperwork with the City Clerks Office
in accordance to the city election code.
The trail of here-say has whispered that there are
up to six possible persons running at this time.
I see the race as Former Mayor pro-tem Gus Garcia and
myself John Macpherson formerly homeless with an
outstanding civic record, once that my name is
recognized it will be a good race.

 You just did a good part of your share in my campaign,
How many homeless, city staffers and service providers
received our E-Mail in Austin Tx. and across the
nation. I hope to have a volunteer staff by the end of
next week, as numerous supporters are there waiting to
spring into action when I will be crying for help
which will be as soon as I can get a war chest.

 --- wtinker <wtinker@metrocast.net> wrote:
John,
Anything I might be able to do from here to bolster
your run?
Mayor Watson is leaving I presume?
Bill
New Hampshire Homeless
25 Granite Street
Northfield,N.H. 03276 USA
603-286-2492
Advocate,activist for displaced,disabled and human
rights
http://www.newhampshirehomeless.org