[Hpn] Homeless Message Boards

Harmony Kieding worldhome@thesociety.net
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 10:12:22 -0800

Matt and Bill,

Good point, about the need for local resources to be accessible online.

Matt, I'm adding your new webpage link to my homeless start page (probably after
I finish writing this) and congratulations on a fine-looking and valuable webpage.
If you feel like linking back to WorldHome that's fine, of course. I've spent
hundreds of hours gathering together a lot of resource links for it.

Bill, in regard to New Hampshire Coalition to End Homelessness' need to have
a homeless message board up, I have found a free message board site:

Amazing Forums
http://amazingforums.com/

and have used it to start a forum for my site:
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/whforum.html

Amazing Forums and other free message board sites are still out there, in spite
of the increasing tendency of the Internet these days to discontinue free services
and charge for everything.

And while we're talking about getting information out there and making communication
easier.... has the national library system come up with an information resource
sheet for homeless people at libraries? Or have local library systems helped
get local resources to be found more easily online?

Harmony

WorldHome
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/causes.html (no frames)

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/causesindex.html (frames)

 <<New Hampshire Coalition To End Homelessness has a dire need of a homeless

message board up and on line and running such as this on a national basis
because people whom are with out shelter do keep moving to stay alive. >>

I agree totally, Mr. Tinker! Here in Colorado Springs, we are setting up a

"homeless website, focusing on local information and issues. It just went
"live" this last Friday so it's still abuildin'. We definitely want to
include a list of local agencies who offer services of use to homeless folks.

Attached to this site is an email "homeless discussion list", again, specific

to Colorado Springs information and issues. Every town of any size ought to

have this sort of this.
The website: "Avenues of Escape" is at: www.homelesscs.org
directions on joining the discussion are posted there.
Matt Parkhouse,RN;
Colorado Springs, CO