[Hpn] PERMIT FOR PROTEST GRANTED!!!!

DANIEL GARCIA SR stickx1@prodigy.net
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 12:12:43 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00FE_01C15960.8555A6C0

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:=20

PERMIT FOR PROTEST GRANTED!!!!

Anti-police brutality march and rally will go forward!!!

WHAT: March and Rally

WHEN: Monday, October 22nd, 2PM & 4PM

WHERE: 14th and Broadway (2PM) and Frank Ogawa Plaza (4PM)

We are announcing the following speakers:

Families of Victims of Law Enforcement (Stolen Lives)

Wilson Riles, Jr., Candidate for Mayor of Oakland

John Burris, Oakland Civil Rights Attorney

Robert Cole, 25-year police veteran, public speaker against police =
misconduct

Judith Mirkinson, National Lawyers Guild

Yuri Kochiyama, Asian American Activist

YACIN (Youth Active Against Community Injustice Nia)

Let's Get Free

Revolutionary Communist Youth Brigade

Day Laborers Program - San Francisco

Trans-Action

October 22nd Coalition

PUEBLO - People United for a Better Oakland

Culture - Music, Poetry, Drumming

In an important victory, our permit was granted on Wednesday, October =
17. We are now going forward to mobilize for October 22nd. As the =
authorities aim to repress dissent in the wake of the September 11 =
attacks, the National Day of Protest is MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER.

These days, there's lots of talk of officials as "heroes". On October =
22nd, we will honor these heroes:

The families who dare to speak out, despite their grief, to insist on =
justice even as they face further attacks.

The youth who dare to defy the authorities in order to protest =
globalization and bring about a better world, as they brave tear gas, =
rubber bullets, and floods of lies.

All those who reach out to the mosques and immigrants under attack to =
stand by their side;

And all who dare to stand up now and raise their voices against the =
deafening chorus, led from on high, calling for yet more repression.

WE REFUSE TO BE SILENCED!=20

October 22nd Coalition to Stop Police Brutality, Repression and the =
Criminalization of a Generation

2940 16th Street, Suite 216, SF, CA 94103 - Telephone: (415) 864-5153 - =
email: oct22sf@energy-net.org

------=_NextPart_000_00FE_01C15960.8555A6C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><B><I><FONT size=3D5>
<P>FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: </P></FONT></I>
<P>&nbsp;</P><FONT size=3D5>
<P>PERMIT FOR PROTEST GRANTED!!!!</P></B></FONT><FONT size=3D6>
<P>Anti-police brutality march and rally will go forward!!!</P></FONT>
<P></P><B><FONT size=3D5></B>
<P>WHAT: March and Rally</P>
<P>WHEN: Monday, October 22nd, 2PM &amp; 4PM</P><SUP>
<P>WHERE: 14th and Broadway (2PM) and Frank Ogawa Plaza =
(4PM)</P></FONT><FONT=20
size=3D5>
<P>We are announcing the following speakers:</P>
<DIR></FONT><B>
<P>Families of Victims of Law Enforcement (Stolen Lives)</P>
<P>Wilson Riles, Jr., Candidate for Mayor of Oakland</P>
<P>John Burris, Oakland Civil Rights Attorney</P>
<P>Robert Cole, 25-year police veteran, public speaker against police=20
misconduct</P>
<P>Judith Mirkinson, National Lawyers Guild</P>
<P>Yuri Kochiyama, Asian American Activist</P>
<P>YACIN (Youth Active Against Community Injustice Nia)</P>
<P>Let&#8217;s Get Free</P>
<P>Revolutionary Communist Youth Brigade</P>
<P>Day Laborers Program - San Francisco</P>
<P>Trans-Action</P>
<P>October 22nd Coalition</P>
<P>PUEBLO - People United for a Better Oakland</P>
<P>Culture - Music, Poetry, Drumming</P></B>
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIR>
<P>In an important victory, our permit was granted on Wednesday, October =
17. We=20
are now going forward to mobilize for October 22nd. As the authorities =
aim to=20
repress dissent in the wake of the September 11 attacks, the National =
Day of=20
Protest is MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER.</P>
<P></P>
<P>These days, there's lots of talk of officials as "heroes". On October =
22nd,=20
we will honor <U>these</U> heroes:</P>
<DIR>
<P>The families who dare to speak out, despite their grief, to insist on =
justice=20
even as they face further attacks.</P>
<P>The youth who dare to defy the authorities in order to protest =
globalization=20
and bring about a better world, as they brave tear gas, rubber bullets, =
and=20
floods of lies.</P>
<P>All those who reach out to the mosques and immigrants under attack to =
stand=20
by their side;</P>
<P>And all who dare to stand up now and raise their voices against the =
deafening=20
chorus, led from on high, calling for yet more repression.</P></DIR>
<P>WE REFUSE TO BE SILENCED! </P><B><FONT size=3D3>
<P align=3Dcenter>October 22nd Coalition to Stop Police Brutality, =
Repression and=20
the Criminalization of a Generation</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>2940 16th Street, Suite 216, SF, CA 94103 - Telephone: =
(415)=20
864-5153 - email:=20
oct22sf@energy-net.org</P></B></SUP></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00FE_01C15960.8555A6C0--