[Hpn] Statement of Concern:Now More Than Ever, All Americans Need a Place to Call Home

Morgan W. Brown norsehorse@hotmail.com
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:30:09 -0400

-------Forwarded FYI-------

The Enterprise Foundation <http://www.enterprisefoundation.org> will release
an Industry Statement of Concern
<http://www.enterprisefoundation.org/about/industrystatement.asp> (see
below) on Nov. 8, 2001 about the increased importance of affordable housing
and other community development initiatives. To sign on as an individual or
as an organization, please email us [pressoffice@enterprisefoundation.org
<pressoffice@enterprisefoundation.org>] or call us at 410.772.2444.

Now More Than Ever,
All Americans Need a Place to Call Home

Now more than ever, our nation must be strong and united. The sources of
that strength and unity include family, faith, community - and a place
called home.

Now more than ever, home matters. Home is a family’s foundation and an
anchor in times of turbulence. Home means security and stability. Home helps
define and sustain communities, forming the fabric of our neighborhoods and
the relationships that bind us.

Now more than ever, a decent, safe and affordable home is out of reach for
too many working Americans. More than 15 million low-income families pay too
much in rent, live in run-down housing or are homeless. The supply of
affordable apartments is rapidly shrinking nationwide. The slowing economy,
along with the recent and substantial loss of jobs in the United States,
will put the prospect of an affordable home out of reach of even more
low-income Americans. This will strain the fabric of many communities.

Now more than ever, the undersigned organizations and individuals commit
their resources and energies to addressing America’s affordable housing
challenges. Working together, we will enlist the support of our thousands of
individual, corporate, philanthropic and government partners all across the
country in our efforts.

Now more than ever, in a less certain world, we will do our part to keep
America strong and united - at home.

A message from The Enterprise Foundation and our partners united in our
continued commitment to serve America’s most vulnerable people.

To sign on as an individual or as an organization, please email us
[pressoffice@enterprisefoundation.org
<pressoffice@enterprisefoundation.org>]  or call 410.772.2444.

educational purposes only.**

-------End of forward-------