[Hpn] Re: Emergency Shelter Crisis in Toledo, Ohio

blue unclescam@buskers.org
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:51:57 -0400

just a note on demonstrations and marches. there is no profit in either one
, except in the ego satisfaction of the participants. marches and demos that
i have experienced since the 60's have lead to the  state we are in at this
time. antiwar, anti poverty, anti homelessness, thirty years of demos and
bad results. go figger.
  the groups we see that are effective are those that use the elective
process well. the anti tax, antirent control, anti womens rights, new jim
crow, these groups are moving their agendas forward. when we learn to do the
same we too shall be rewarded by victories.
  the other groups that move forward are those that do so with thru the
courts. file the lawsuits. do the "right" thing. the eco groups are fairly
effective at this, as are the anti defamation crew and the disabilty folks.
poverty/houselessness is another legal fight that needs to be adjudicated.
the fight is on in n.y.c and there have been some wins. we need to build on
these successes.
  mit built the project.
  on a personal level the fight is one of monkey wrench and squatting those
places available, to keep a presence in the rich man's eye.
  scam