[Hpn] Accessibility to NHCEH members or a central manned message board?

William Tinker wtinker@metrocast.net
Sun, 21 Oct 2001 08:18:58 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C15A09.088628A0

*Readers*
I hope I do not sound like I am tooting my own horn,or sound to irrate =
with persons whom worry more about self imagery other than the reasons =
we are advocates for housing,homeless and human rights in the beginning.
Some of you might know how long we have struggled to have some one =
listen,to our wailings,and hopefully we can work with the right persons =
to correct the mistaken prejudgemental problems we had in the beginning =
of our relationship.
But Thursday late afternoon I got a urgent phone call from another =
homeless advocate person from out west,worried about a couple sleeping =
in their car in Salem N.H.she asked me if I was a member of the New =
Hampshire Coalition To End  Homelessness, to which I said yes.
She went on to add that there was a couple living in Salem, N.H. whom =
she had concerns about,as the husband was working and they just could =
not make ends meet to get into a apartment.My computer was down so I got =
out the trusty Out Reach workers numbers and gave her Justine Shea's =
from Rockingham Community Action telephone number .
At that point the woman calling me thanked me and went on to say seeing =
how cold it was getting this was not weather to be sleeping in cars or =
outside,I agreed and asked her if she had NH Help lines toll free number =
[1-800-852-3388]which she did.
I apologized for our being so hard to reach as many of our NHCEH members =
are so busy they can not breath,but I do feel if we are involved with =
advocacy and activism we should have some one online to assist in just =
these types of situations,because if we can not assist one displaced =
person to survive untill tomorrow we are not doing our jobs as the NHECH =
or as Volunteers!
JUST MY OPINION!
Bill
New Hampshire Homeless
25 Granite Street
Northfield,N.H. 03276 USA
603-286-2492
Advocate,activist for displaced,disabled,and human rights.
http://www.newhampshirehomeless.org
http://www.nationalhomeless.org/state/newhampshire.html
NH-ADAPT / NOT DEAD YET

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C15A09.088628A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>*Readers*</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I hope I do not sound like I am tooting =
my own=20
horn,or sound to irrate with persons whom worry more about self imagery =
other=20
than the reasons we are advocates for housing,homeless and human rights =
in the=20
beginning.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Some of you might know how long we have =
struggled=20
to have some one listen,to our wailings,and hopefully we can work with =
the=20
right&nbsp;persons to correct the mistaken prejudgemental problems we =
had in the=20
beginning of our relationship.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>But Thursday late afternoon&nbsp;I got =
a=20
urgent&nbsp;phone call from another homeless advocate person from out=20
west,worried about a couple sleeping in their car in Salem N.H.she asked =
me if I=20
was a member of the New Hampshire Coalition To End &nbsp;Homelessness, =
to=20
which&nbsp;I said yes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>She went on to add that there was a =
couple living=20
in Salem, N.H. whom she had concerns about,as the husband was working =
and they=20
just could not make ends meet to get into a apartment.My computer was =
down so I=20
got out the trusty Out Reach workers numbers and gave her Justine Shea's =
from=20
Rockingham Community Action telephone number .</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>At that point the woman calling me =
thanked me and=20
went on to say seeing how cold it was getting this was not weather to be =

sleeping in cars or outside,I agreed and asked her if she&nbsp;had NH =
Help lines=20
toll free number [1-800-852-3388]which she did.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I apologized for our being so hard to =
reach as many=20
of our NHCEH members are so busy they can not breath,but I do feel if we =
are=20
involved with advocacy and activism we should have&nbsp;some =
one&nbsp;online to=20
assist in just these types of situations,because if we can not assist =
one=20
displaced&nbsp;person to survive untill tomorrow we are not doing our =
jobs as=20
the NHECH or as Volunteers!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>JUST MY OPINION!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bill</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>New Hampshire Homeless<BR>25 Granite=20
Street<BR>Northfield,N.H. 03276 USA<BR>603-286-2492<BR>Advocate,activist =
for=20
displaced,disabled,and human rights.<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.newhampshirehomeless.org">http://www.newhampshirehomel=
ess.org</A><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.nationalhomeless.org/state/newhampshire.html">http://w=
ww.nationalhomeless.org/state/newhampshire.html</A><BR>NH-ADAPT=20
/ NOT DEAD YET</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C15A09.088628A0--