[Hpn] Universal Living Wage Update

RRTroxell@aol.com RRTroxell@aol.com
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 20:28:32 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings to all Universal Living Wage Warriors!

•We have had 9,978 website hits.
•We have over 1,000 Universal Living wage Warriors like yourself
•We have 36 campaign kits in 23 states and Washington D.C.
•We have organizational endorsements in 43 states and Washington D.C.
•And we have 201 State and National Organizational Endorsements across the
United states.

The states where were are lacking endorsements include: Alaska, Louisiana,
Nebraska, Oregon, West Virginia, Delaware, and North Dakota.
•We need your help getting us endorsing organizations in any one of these
states.

As many of you know, once we have identified an interested person, we send
out a Campaign Kit.  The Campaign Kit consists of: a 6' banner, 35 yard
signs, 100 bumper stickers, sample PSAs (English and Spanish), newspaper ads
(English & Spanish),- letter to the Union, sample letter to elected
officials, bullet points to design individualized letters to elected
officials, letter to the editor and suggested guidelines for launching a
localized campaign drawing people to the website.  As people sign on to the
website, the names come to campaign headquarters.  We can then provide those
names to the original contact person or other point person.  They can then
contact the website endorsers and hold small meetings to write letters to
elected officials, plan local outreach strategies, etc.

If you would like:
1) a Campaign kit, or
2) additional materials to bolster your campaign kit supplies, or
3) a list of fellow Universal Living Wage Warriors in you area so you can
contact them and hold such a meeting then e-mail us at

rrtroxell@aol.com

If you live in Austin, Texas we are preparing for a Living Wage Summit at the
First United Methodist Church on November 17th.  In preparation, we are
meeting at the Communication Workers of America (CWA) Local 6132 Union Hall.
It is at 3907 Medical Parkway, one block north and one block west of 38th and
Lamar.  If you're in the neighborhood, join us from 7:00pm to 800pm.

•Continue to monitor the "What's New" button at www.UniversalLivingWage.org
for constant updates.

•This is truly a grassroots movement.  We are all volunteers and the funding
that drives our campaign comes from each of us.  If you could help with a
contribution of just $10.00, then we can keep this initiative going a bit
longer.  Send your contribution to:
            Universal Living Wage Campaign
            P.O. Box 2312
            Austin, TX  78768

Thank you.

Finally, in only five months, over 200 State and National organizations have
seen fit to endorse our 4 year campaign.  We can do this.  We can fix the
federal minimum wage.  Together, we can make a difference that will change
the course of America.  We're glad to have you with us.  Richard