[Hpn] 911: Gandhi's birthday message, "Give rise to the Genuine Law to bring peace and tranquility to the nation"

David Crockett Williams gear2000@lightspeed.net
Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:36:24 -0700

"The time has come. The time has come when we can no longer
contain the urge to do something, but rush out of our houses.
The time has come to look up to heaven, prostrate ourselves to
earth, to voice our grief, and to share it with everyone" -- Nichidatsu

Giving rise to the Genuine Law to bring peace and tranquility to the nation

DCW Message of October 2, 2001 (3M-84)*  Mahatma Gandhi's Birthday:
               "I have come to light the lamp of love in your hearts"

Nichidatsu's Longest Walk Speech, revised translation September 30, 2001
minor updated changes including English explanation of Risshou-ankoku as:

"Give rise to the Genuine Law to bring peace and tranquility to the nation"

Kanjin-Honzon, by Nichidatsu, on the meaning of God and of Buddha,
quoting from the precept to the Gandhi Sevasangh (service society)

His associate whom Mahatma Gandhi named "Guruji", revered
teacher, the most venerable Nichidatsu Fujii's spiritual practice
was embraced by Gandhiji who beat the Dharma drum and
chanted the prayer brought from the origin of the sun as described
below while leading the non-violent spiritual-political revolution to
success in India.  Fujii Guruji, as he was known in the West, was
born on August 6, 1885, and experienced his physical demise on
January 9, 1985.  Following the teachings and prophecies in the
Lotus Sutra of Buddha describing the Great Law, The One Law,
he went to India in the 1930's to begin the revival of Buddhism
there in its birthplace where it had become dormant, after receiving
the vision of the Dharma drum during a seven day fasting session
with no food or water or sleep for a full week.  Thereafter he
practiced this walking drum chanting prayer for the rest of his
life which his successors continue in peacewalks around the world
to awaken this innate Great Law in the minds of humankind for the
cause of "Global Peace Now!"  The name Nichidatsu in English is
"The Reach of The Sun."                    http://www.indiano.org/pagoda
Hiroshima Flame Walk 2002, to the UN http://www.dharmawalk.org

I witnessed Guruji's below speech delivered at the US Capitol steps,
July 16, 1978, at the conclusion of the American Indian Movement's
"Longest Walk" from San Francisco.  Uniquely among the speakers,
from the first word of his prepared speech delivered in Japanese language
and translated section by section, continuing constantly through the end of
the last sentence of its English translation when it abruptly stopped, there
was constant thunder in the distance of the overcast city of Washington DC
rolling around the 360degree perimenter of the skies -- this date was the
33rd anniversary of the first atomic bomb test, near Alamogordo, Los Alamos,
New Mexico.  After the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima on his 60th
birthday, what the Hopi Prophecy predicted centuries before as the
"gourd of ashes falling on the Earth two times", ie, Hiroshima and Nagasaki,
Nichidatsu Fujii recognized these events and what they could lead to as the
fulfillment of the prophecy in the Lotus Sutra regarding the "great
conflagration when it is burning" and how, thereby inspired to revive the
custom of building the Peace Pagodas (Stupas) as an offering, to avert what
then became clearly understood as the threat of global nuclear holocaust
by giving rise to the Genuine Law, the Great Law, The One Law by which
God and nature operate in the world, the same law by which The One God
operates in the world as described by the Torah and Talmud of Judaism,
the same natural law which Einstein believed could be rendered into a
simple set of equations to describe all of physical reality, all events in
nature no matter where and no matter when, with 100% certainty, a set
of equations he termed a "unified field theory."  Along with the same
teachings which predicted this "modern age of the declined law" and its
threat of a great global conflagration, was also included the teaching of
how to avert this threat and bring about peace and tranquility through
giving rise to the Great Law (awakening the mind of humanity to its patent
existence) by "psi-phenomenological means" that focus psychically the
physical sounding of the syllables Na Mu Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo.

This below speech is very important because it is one of the very few
places one will find any prominent and wise teacher of Buddhism (which
HH Dalai Lama calls a "science of the mind") discussing the very nature
and operating principle of The One God itself.  It should be noted here that
unlike other Buddhist interpretations which offer an "afterlife" of
"re-incarnation", the interpretation offered by The Prophet of The Genuine
Law, Nichiren, over 700 years ago, and experienced as fulfillment of
prophecy by his successor Nichidatsu in the 20th Century, is based on the
precept of "eternal life" on Earth.

I sincerely believe that if his speech had been understood and accepted in
1978, we would not be experiencing the war crisis that we are facing today.

The whole world is confused right now.

For any successful resolution of the misunderstandings responsible for the
September 11, 2001, attacks on America, and of the looming escalation of
hostilities portended by plans for an extended "war on terrorism", not only
must opposing religious and political viewpoints be reconciled but the very
nature of the faith and belief applied to them must first be better
understood for the absolution of prejudice, hatred and fear.

"Why would God let this happen?"  This is a common question now among
adherents to the Christian, Judaic, and Islamic Faiths who are wrestling
with doubts and secular distractions to their belief in The One God by whose
Will and according to whose Law all things happen, always, everywhere.

For adherents to religious, spiritual, and scientific disciplines who view
the human mind as the creator of their own worlds, this question becomes:
"How can the mind of humankind be brought into harmony with the natural
order so that everyone can just live together in peace and harmony."

The following speech/message is offered for examination and discussion of
the answers to these questions as they relate to the notion of the sovereign
power of the state and the very nature of the Almighty God, The One God
purportedly worshipped by Christians, Moslems and Jews alike as The God of
Abraham.

No matter what one believes is the cause of the September 11, 2001, hijack
attacks on America, no matter who or what one believes is responsible
for the underlying prejudicial hostilities extistent between followers of
seemingly conflicting religious and political ideologies and policies which
appear to be at the root of this cause, and no matter what kind of
punishment one thinks is appropriate, the key question is:

"What can be done to correct the fundamental errors in human thinking at the
root of all these, so as to not only prevent such hostilities in the future
but to thereby also bring about a true and lasting condition of peace,
justice, and prosperity throughout the various societies of human beings
inhabiting our beloved planet Earth?"

For reasons explained below I am convinced the answers to all of
these questions will soon become apparent if this message can be
spread to all parties concerned with the ramifications of
September 11, 2001.

We are at a unique point in history to effect these results, not only
because of this 9-11 "21st Century Pearl Harbor Attack" and the resultant
shock beginning to awaken human conscience, but also because we are
approaching in 84 days the December 25, 2001, traditionally observed
2000th birthday anniversary of Jesus of Nazareth who is called Christ by
Christians and who is regarded both as a Prophet of Islam and also as a Jew.

If the protagonists in this upcoming military escalation portending a Third
World War, with the unimaginable potential consequences of a global nuclear
holocaust, really want to resolve human belligerencies then a "Global
Cessation of Hostilities" should be immediately declared worldwide to last
until this date where every flag on every flagpole around the world is flown
from now until then at half-mast in consideration of mourning, remorse,
repentence, and of the message of peace and love propounded by this
Great Sage of Humankind whose birth is the very basis of the prevalently
used arbitrary calendar of the modern world.

In this way all of humanity might best use the balance of these next short
three months to deeply reflect, meditate, pray, council, discuss, and
understand what needs to be better understood and done to make sure that
nothing like what happened on September 11, 2001, or on August 6 & 9, 1945,
will ever happen again in human history.   In this way we might reach this
date, which "technically" marks the end of the Second Millennium and the
beginning of the Third Millennium after this traditionially observed
birthdate, with a deeper understanding of the kinship in God's image of all
humankind related to all life on Earth as one family of life, Our Family of
Life.

During this time in respect of this United Nations declared "Decade of
Creating a Culture of Peace for the 21st Century" humanity might better
study the overlooked relevant deep messages of the past from saints,
sages, scientists, and religious teachers of all denominations, as well as
historical precedents for such a culture of peace begun by violent peoples
who changed, simply by understanding and embracing the Great Law of
peace, into leaders of long-lasting peaceful cultures such as the ancient
indigenous Iroquois Six Nations Confederacy and the 500 year period of
no war, no crime, and no violence begun in the reign of ancient India's
King Ashoka.

Certainly if human beings can put a man on the moon we can understand these
things if we calmly take the time to examine and study them carefully.

--- above introduction/message by DC Williams