[Hpn] Sent to wtinker@metrocast.net please forward onto any one can HELP!

wtinker wtinker@metrocast.net
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 18:27:41 -0500

**ATTENTION**
Displaced advocates activists and housing lists,
Please take the time to read and perhaps steer this family to decent
affordable
housing and out of this night mare they are in.
Thank you I believe any one in Southern California may be able to help?
A Brother
Bill
From: "Donna Moss" <Autumnmoon2342@aol.com>
To: <NewHampshireHomeless@topica.com>
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 4:40 PM
Subject: Email Sent to wtinker@metrocast.net

 Hi All this is an email that I sent to wtinker he pointed me to this
 board maybe someone can help, I'm looking for organizations that I can
 get involved with in the Southern California Area or a board for the
 Southern California Area as I told Wtinker in my email I don't have
 money but I do have a voice and am able to write letters. so any help
 would be much appreciated.

> [...]
> in as well as keep the dogs in. there is no gas heat in the building so
> it gets very cold at night. We have been trying to save money to find a
> place but find since we can not cook that feeding ourselves becomes very
> expensive even for fast food.  everything was OK and we were trying to
> save for a place and keep the business, that's until someone turned us
> in for having the little room and now the city has been out and has told
> us we must tear down the room because we have no permits for it. we have
> only 10 days to comply we have saved some money and are looking hard for
> an affordable place to live in my area that is a feat in it self. Now
> though we have run into another wall our credit is pretty bad because of
> the business and the eviction and most people want to run a credit
> check. I find that if you don't have good credit you might as well have
> leprosy no on will touch you.  I don't know what will happen o us we
> just kinda roll with the punches. Now that you know what is happening
> with me I will get to the point of my email to you I am not asking for
> help but have found that since its has happened to me I have opened my
> eyes and have been reading many articles about homelessness, I find it
> appalling that so many are homeless and many are hungry in this time
> when all of America is pumped up and waving their flags and saying that
> we are the greatest country when really we as a country should be
> ashamed that so many of our people live either in unfit conditions,
> homeless and on the street or are hungry have no health insurance and
> numerous other conditions. I was shocked to read an article about a
> family that was homeless and living in their car with there 2 dogs only
> to find out that the dogs were being taken away from them because the
> car was an unfit condition for the dogs to live in but yet they left the
> people to live in the car Unbelievable!!!  I also find that there is not
> enough resources from our states (Especially California) or our federal
> government to help people in these various situations and the few that
> do exists there is so much red tape they don't help at all. This brings
> me to my question how can I help where and what places or organizations
> can I get involved with?? I don't have money but I do have a voice and I
> can write I do believe its time for our government and the nation to see
> this problem and stop pretending that it doesn't exsists. Its time that
> the voices of the homeless and the hungry be heard as a Voice in America
> and as Americans. Please let me know I do want to help and feel very
> strongly about this. Perhaps this is way God has led me down this road
> I'm not sure but I do know what I feel and I am upset and angry that
> this problem has been ignored for so long.
> Thanks for listening
>
> Donna

> Donations are tax deductible and accepted: New Hampshire Homeless c/o New
Covenant Fellowship Church P.O. Box 414 Tilton,New Hampshire 03276
> Phone 286-9619
> New Hampshire Homeless shares copyrighted news, information, editorials,
human rights alerts, and announcemnets for charitable research, educational
purposes and general enlightenment pursuant to Title 17 USC, Ch. 1,  107.
This Federal Statute, which specifies the limitations upon exclusive rights
to copyrighted material, may be read at:
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.  The attached material is
distributed without profit to those who, for purposes of education, research
and general enlightenment have expressed a prior interest in the subject
material herein.

> http://www.missingkids.com
> New Hampshire Homeless was founded on November 28, of 1999 and is a
diversified group of persons from all walks of life,advocating an end to
involuntary homelessness in our life time,and seeking a means towards
affordable housing for all equally.
> And seeking an end to disability [hate crimes]and discrimination along
with humanitarian and housing outreach to all that will accept a hand up!