[Hpn] am i the only one getting these Mailer Returns,,

Bill blue-eyes@buddhist.com
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:11:54 +0100

On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 18:12:54 -0500, you wrote:

>At 12:06 AM 11/24/01 +0100, Bill wrote:
>
>>Sheesh, it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad!
>

>Actually, it's neither- it's merely a software glitch. Binary code doesn't
>recognize or feel emotion.
>
>If the default 'reply to' on HPN was set to the list itself rather than to
>the authors of individual posts, then the entire list would be getting
>these things every time someone posted a message.  On that basis, we should
>be considering ourselves fortunate.

Graeme,

you're not a programmer are you? If you were, you'd know that binary
code does have feelings!

I know. I've written many a program which I realised didn't work 'cos
the code was hacked off with me.

At least, that was the reason I gave myself when the proggie didn't
work ;)

It's got more feelings than some people I know.

Bill