[Hpn] about that one billion...

Joseph Reynolds reynolds@webmail.pe.net
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:25:31 0

 Please, please let me be wrong on this but as good as it sounds that the prez has "authorized", "released" that one billion  I also recall that he authorized twenty billion in aid to N.Y.C. for the events of 9/11. The problem there is that without congress actually passing an appropriation bill this money never happens. Last I read a bill had yet to be introduced by anyone whether Dem, Rep or either Independent.
 Congress controls the purse strings after all and a president has very little in the way of fiat.
 It would be nice to know how to light a fire under these gentlemen and ladies but members of both houses  seem unable to be embarrassed by anything anymore so I don't know what to say to them.
 They ask a lot from us though. From now on I respond to any request by a politician with "...and would you like fries with that?"
                     zen hugs - oh BTW I just saw the Harry Potter movie and have decided that fantasy sure is a lot better than reality. Great movie and someone actually gets to solve a problem! But maybe it is that a British education beats the snot out of American schools? Now where DID I put that wand??? - Joe R!