[Hpn] Homeless Protest Planned for Olympics [2/8/02]; Salt Lake Tribune; 11/18/01

blue unclescam@buskers.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 00:30:55 -0500

this is the damn dumbest idea i've heard yet.
i believe in cultural amnesia. when will we ever learn ?
takin twentyk poor folks and puttin em through an eight to ten hour bus
ride from vegas to salt lake bus ride in the dead of winter? in one of
the coldest most god forsaken spots i've ever been (i spent two weeks
livin in the streets of salt lake, in 1974 march  ). with the security
of a terrorized bush itchin to perform some security bizness for a world
wide audience? gimme a break.
put your money into buying housing and or land to put the folks on..
talk twenty k middleclass folks with warm coats n boots to do this
march, pretending to be poor,... say the fools who thought up this
beautifull dream..