[Hpn] Top-ranked lifestyle belongs to a healthy, wealthy Norway

Harmony Kieding worldhome@thesociety.net
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 13:07:30 -0800

hehehehe......imagine my feelings as an "economic refugee" from the US, sitting
and reading this email in Norway!! I love it!! I love it!! I love it!! And I
agree with the assessment of Norway as top-ranking, also. I arrived in Norway
three years ago, straight from being homeless in the US.

Anyway, about this article- All the more reason for the US to start a Universal
Living Wage, build affordable homes and get a national health plan going. I
hope we really do it soon.

Harmony

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Agora/7076/frames.html

>here's a look at a civil society.
>
>one other note: although this article doesn't point it out, the quality of

>life in the U.S. doesn't even make the top ten.
>
>chance
>

>http://www.bergen.com:80/morenews/norge14200111148.htm
>
>Top-ranked lifestyle belongs to a healthy, wealthy Norway
>
>Wednesday, November 14, 2001
>
>By CAROL J. WILLIAMS
>Special from the Los Angeles Times
>
>-- OSLO, Norway
>
>Imagine a world so shielded from modern dangers that children accept candy

>from strangers.
>
>Think about a place where lifelong financial security is guaranteed, no
>matter how many layoffs, stock market crashes, or catastrophic illnesses
>come your way.
>
>Consider the psychological well-being of living in a country where no one is

>homeless or hungry, where women and men are equal, where a pristine
>environment is reverentially protected, and where sharing the wealth with
>the world's less fortunate is a moral obligation.
>
>Norway is not utopia -- after all, it does suffer the occasional incursions

>of the cruel outside world. But most Norwegians admit that in terms of
>uplifting ideals and earthly comforts, life in this country is as good as it

>gets.
>
>And this year's U.N. Human Development Report confirms that: It ranks Norway

>the No. 1 place in the world to live, based on a cocktail of indicators
>about health, wealth, and social outlook.

<clip>