[Hpn] re: petition ban

Joseph Reynolds reynolds@webmail.pe.net
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:01:22 0

 What bloody business is it of the gov't who anyone marries? Or state and locality also?
 After all they didn't stop me from getting married in 1970. And thank you not for not interferring thank you very much - not. If ever a wedding needed to be avoided it was that one! So if they weren't going to butt in there why the%^&@$ should they intefere with nonhetero marriage.
 To be blunt, I believe in ubiversal sufferage. Everyone should have the right to be as miserable as I was, with their chosen tormentor.
 All kidding aside folks remember that within our lifetimes it was illegal in many states for "interracial" couples to marry or even to be a couple. Indeed the arguments used involved the "sanctity" of marriage as well as religious objections not forgetting "racial purity"!
 Pure bunkum anyway. I do so love terms like "interracial". It sounds like you are trying to mate lemurs to mayflies instead of closely related members of the same species.
 Gays should be extended the same opportunities to be as happy or not as us hetero types have. Pure and simple decency requires it.
   Zen hugs anyway, Joe