[Hpn] Petition to stop Fed Gov from banning gay marriages

Bill blue-eyes@buddhist.com
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 23:17:19 +0100

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:13:23 -0600, you wrote:

>"no."
>
>And I'd like to ask; Why is the Denver Voice being so supportive of "The
>Homosexual/Gay Agenda?"
>
>Is the Denver Voice a "Homeless(ness)" street paper or a "Homosexual/Gay
>Agenda" rag?
>
>I went to that linked website and all I saw was the opportunity to be in
>agreement with the petition. Where was the opportunity to DISAGREE to this
>outrageousness?
>
>Denver Voice, personally, I think you're out of touch with reality. Even if
>ya'll want to tout that homosexuals need to find support from society in
>order to curb people to falling into homelessness, still, it is that kind
>of fimicolated diatribe that wrongfully influences people to even consider
>being a pervert.
>
>To ask for constitutional acceptance of perversion is equivalent to asking
>for constitutional acceptance of murder, rape, stealing, deception, and
>any/every other crime.
>
>I believe that many many more people will agree as I do.
>
>And as for a side note, I do recognize that many people are kicked out of
>their homes or rejected by their families as a result of "coming out of
>their closets" about wanting to be perverted in their thinking and
>consequentially in their conduct and behavior, but homelessness is not
>about whether a person is found sleeping outside merely because of what
>they believe. Homelessness is about anybody being found sleeping outside
>merely for want of affordable and reasonable accommodations. Whether a
>person is or has been a criminal, a pervert, a liar, a cheat, or whatever;
>every person has an inherent right to affordable and reasonable
>accommodations. Please, do not to cloud the issue about homelessness.
>

> greg james
> acting-General Manager,
> Homeless Media Project/
> Austin Homeless Advocate

What most disturbs me about your post is not your apparent homophobia,
after all, everybody is entitled to an opinion, however wrong it may
be.

The most disturbing aspect is that you sign it as Acting General
Manager of a project for homeless people, and that gives me the idea
that since you discriminate against one group of people which belong
to the group "homeless" for which you claim to be an advocate, there
is a risk that you will do this to other groups whose behaviour you
find "abhorrent".

In my work I come across many people whose behaviour is totally
abhorrent; many have spent time in prison as a result of it. I can
reject their behaviour as an individual but I do not have the right to
reject it as an employee of a homeless care organisation. Nor do you.
Maybe *you* should find other work.

I'm sure the homeless of Austin sleep easily knowing they have
tolerant, understanding and caring people like you acting as their
"advocate".

As for being out of touch with reality, you're talking about
approximately 10% of the world's population, so whether ya'll like it
or not, they ain't going anywhere, bro, so learn to live with it.

Bill Crompton