[Hpn] Re: We campers face ....

Becky Johnson Becky_Johnson@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 23:18:16 -0800

Thank-you Jack Tafari and the members of Dignity Village for your support
and your deep understanding of the situation Camp Paradise now finds itself
in.  I am happy to supply you with the names and e-mails of our seven
wonderful city councilmembers.  Our so-called Green Mayor,  Tim Fitzmaurice
is at tfitzmaurice@ci.santa-cruz.ca.us ; Vice-Mayor (and likely to become
mayor at the end of this month) Christopher Krohn
ckrohn@ci.santa-cruz.ca.us; Councilmember Keith Sugar
ksugar@ci.santa-cruz.ca.us ; Emily Reilly ereilly@cruzio.com ; Scott Kennedy
kenncruz@pacbell.net ; Mark Primack mprimack@ci.santa-cruz.ca.us ; and Ed
Porter Edporter2000@aol.com ; and the entire council can be written at
citycouncil@ci.santa-cruz.ca.us .  If you write them, please cc: me a copy
at becky_johnson@sbcglobal.net so I can keep a copy for the records of HUFF,
Homeless United for Friendship&Freedom

No one knows when the police are going to bust Camp Paradise, but everyone
expects it, especially after the Armory opens on November 15th and the ISSP
shelter program increases bedspace from 39 to 156.  Not that many of Camp
Paradise campers will go to the armory even if there is space.  They are far
more likely to camp in more remote areas in the greenbelt areas of Santa
Cruz, without environmental plans, without cleaning up garbage which could
alert Parks and Rec rangers that they are camped there and blow their cover.

The nonsense goes on spurred by the environmentalists who think the
greenbelt areas are for joggers and polo ponies only. Sleep is still illegal
out of doors from 11PM to 8:30AM, a violation of human rights if I ever saw
one.

Thanks for your kind message.  I will try to deliver it to the campers, and
to Chris who wrote "We Campers Face.."

-- Becky Johnson

Subject: [Hpn] Re: We campers face ....