[Hpn] Re: We campers face ....

Tent City tentcitypdx@yahoo.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 14:35:25 -0800 (PST)

We soldiers and crew living in Dignity Village in
Sunderland Yard, Portland, Oregon, send our
solidarity, love and respect to our brothers and
sisters living in Camp Paradise in Santa Cruz,
California.

We further strongly recommend that if Camp Paradise is
disbanded by Santa Cruz' city officials and its
members temporarily rehoused inna jailhouse for the
"crime" of living together as a community in a safe,
sanitary, drug-and-alcohol free camp, that Camp
Paradise reform and continue upon the release of its
members.

We further ask for a list of the email addresses of
Santa Cruz' Green Party Mayor King Fitzmaurice and all
city council members that we may begin an email
campaign protesting the dissolution of Camp Paradise
and the arrest of any of its residents charged under
that city's Draconian laws banning camping, sleeping,
or carrying blankets in public and/or on public land.
We ask that this list of addresses be sent to our Web
site http://outofthedoorways.org or to its forerunner
tentcitypdx@yahoo.com as soon as possible.

Dignity Village asks that its allies and support base
join us in this campaign to protest the dissolution of
Camp Paradise of Santa Cruz, California, and the
harassment of its residents.

Viva Camp Paradise!

Jack Tafari.
Vice Chairman.