[Hpn] KnowledgePlex:Affordable Housing & Community Development Info Resource Gateway

Morgan W. Brown norsehorse@hotmail.com
Fri, 02 Nov 2001 13:13:24 -0500

For those who are unaware of it yet, below is information concerning a
valuable and excellent resource available online called KnowledgePlex.

KnowledgePlex is an affordable housing & community development information
resource gateway. Users of KnowledgePlex have the option of registering with
it.

Those who register with the site are able to:

* Receive e-mail updates
* Save your KnowledgePlex searches
* Become part of Affordable Housing and Community Development (AH/CD) online
communities
* Personalize the KnowledgePlex to reflect your areas of interest
* Access other custom features of the site

I have already registered myself, it is really easy & user friendly.

The e-mail updates come in various forms: Daily housing news; Hot Topics
periodic updates; Areas of Interest periodic updates; &, Publications - when
a new issue of a publication is released [ ... ]

Lots of choices within that menu.

I chose from some of the periodic updates so I do not miss anything about
those topics I want to ensure I am informed about in a timely manner: i.e.,
such as "Homelessness, Supportive Housing, and Special-Needs Housing". For
the rest I know I can visit the site to update myself when I need to or have
the time.

In addition, while the front page carries some of the housing news they have
available on site, they have a Housing News page that is excellent, valuable
and very comprehensive in itself as well.

To learn more and for the Web site address(es), read on below.

Morgan <norsehorse@hotmail.com>
Morgan W. Brown
Montpelier Vermont

-------Forwarded FYI-------

KnowledgePlex:
Affordable Housing & Community Development Information & Resource Gateway:

http://www.knowledgeplex.org

-- "The inclusive, far-reaching resource for timely, authoritative, and
practical information on Affordable Housing and Community Development
(AH/CD), www.knowledgeplex.org is the product of a collaborative partnership
among leaders in the Affordable Housing and Community Development field. The
site launched in October 2001. Funding for designing, developing, and
building the KnowledgePlexE was provided by the Fannie Mae Foundation."
"On the site, we publish content from leading organizations in the
Affordable Housing and Community Development field. We generate and
circulate new ideas from KnowledgePlexEmembers across the country and
around the world. We host virtual communities involving people in the
Affordable Housing and Community Development field, people who care about
the pressing issues facing neighborhoods, cities, rural areas, and
suburbs-all the places we live."

Housing News Gateway: Via NewsEdge:

http://www.knowledgeplex.org/fmfportal/news/news.asp

-- "NewsEdge on KnowledgePlex provides daily news from more than 300
sources, so you can monitor the latest Affordable Housing/Community
Development news from your desktop. You can also view news by category and
by date/time."

educational purposes only.**

-------End of forward-------

Morgan <norsehorse@hotmail.com>