[Hpn] Fwd: Global Boycott Call Against Santa Cruz, California

Dgreensilva1@cs.com Dgreensilva1@cs.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:26:12 EDT

--part1_10f.1cbf048.286cc2b4_boundary

In a message dated 6/28/01 10:20:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Dgreensilva1
writes:

<< Subj:    Fwd: Global Boycott Call Against Santa Cruz, California
 Date:  6/28/01 10:20:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time
 From:  Dgreensilva1
 To:    gp-lbgt@greens.org
 CC:    gpca@greens.org

 I have been to Camp Paradise and it is the pefect blend of ecological
concern and humanist values.  It should be used by the city council to
inspire more action not allow the usual annual repression and crackdown on
any good efforts to allow the homeless to sleep at night with out fear
tickets, or beatings.  I personally feel that the need to do away with the
Sleeping Ban & Blanket Ban is the first priorty, but this act of
self-reliance flys in the face of the corruption that keeps our anti-homemlss
laws in place.  I forward the call for Santa CRuz boycott onto the Green
Assemblies everywhere.  The politicians in Santa Cruz have been crimnoinally
negligent and although camping I believe is a County issue. This positive
solution, Camp Paradise, that is under threat by the same drug dealing police
tha t are aresting hundreds for walking while poor, sleeping while homeless,
and driving while Black or b Brown, must be defended widley and quickly.  Our
local pliticians have admitted that they are not in control.  We our about to
witness another massacre of the spirit here in Santa CRuz and we need every
Green State and National leader to speak out now and fast.  Contact our Green
Mayor at Tfitzm@ricochet.net
 Please forward to all green assemblies.  Yours in the struggle for peaceful
resolutions- David Silva

 In a message dated 6/27/01 2:44:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time, resist@best.com