[Hpn] Homeless people make one think;Column;by James Boyd;Indiana Daily Student;6/28

Teresa Lynn Heinz tlheinz@indiana.edu
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 14:08:51 -0500 (EST)

Morgan, thanks for forwarding that article. I'm a grad student at Indiana
U. and noticed that editorial yesterday. The man being described spends a
majority of his time at the school's library, reading philosphy. There is
a homeless population in this city that it is mostly "hidden"
(staying with family/friends, etc). As the editorial mentioned, rent here
is overpriced becuase of the large student population able to pay the
rents. The average wage in town would barely allow a family to live in a
one-bedroom apartment.

Teresa