[Hpn] My semi-annual question

HOBOMATT@aol.com HOBOMATT@aol.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:59:55 -0400 (EDT)

>From our daily paper, regarding a "Task Force" being set up, supposedly to
"determine the needs of our homeless citizens". I certainly hope this group
does not see it's primary mission as "How do we continue to promote a
mega-shelter in Colorado Springs". So, it has been about six months since
I've asked the group: Are any of you aware of any studies that look at the
consolidation of good-but-separate homeless services improving the success
rate of getting folks off the street?
I've been looking for two years now and no-one's been able to point to one.
Thanks,
Matt Parkhouse,RN;
Colorado Springs, CO

<<Mayor Mary Lou Makepeace, among the strongest supporters of consolidation,
said Tuesday she's already contacted the foundation and volunteered to serve
on the task force.
  She said the task force's biggest challenge is how to convince the
community that the consolidated approach is the right approach.>>