[Hpn] Smiles, frills rule evening at homeless school's prom;Pappas School;...

Bonnie Briggs s248_1132@hotmail.com
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:04:56 +0000

<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Apology accepted Bonnie. I too hope we can get past this and move
<DIV></DIV>&gt;on. I
<DIV></DIV>&gt;consider the matter closed.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The fact is that, as I am sure you and others already are aware of,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;we will
<DIV></DIV>&gt;not always be in agreement on the matters we each feel passionately
<DIV></DIV>&gt;and
<DIV></DIV>&gt;fight so hard on. That is perfectly alright. However, we can always
<DIV></DIV>&gt;work
<DIV></DIV>&gt;together on those things we agree about as well as also trying to
<DIV></DIV>&gt;find ways
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to work together on those things we do not on. While I think it is
<DIV></DIV>&gt;better
<DIV></DIV>&gt;not to waste precious energy and time fighting over what we do
<DIV></DIV>&gt;disagree
<DIV></DIV>&gt;over, I do believe it is important and healthy to engage in
<DIV></DIV>&gt;discussion and
<DIV></DIV>&gt;debate with as much mutual respect and benefit of the doubt given
<DIV></DIV>&gt;toward
<DIV></DIV>&gt;each other as is humanly possible. That said, when someone turns up
<DIV></DIV>&gt;the heat
<DIV></DIV>&gt;over a matter I care deeply about, I am not shy about my views
<DIV></DIV>&gt;either;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;though I would rather use such moments to use my energy in some
<DIV></DIV>&gt;other way
<DIV></DIV>&gt;constructive instead. For example, I like to take such moments to
<DIV></DIV>&gt;cook
<DIV></DIV>&gt;something good and share it with others when possible: e.g., I make
<DIV></DIV>&gt;pretty
<DIV></DIV>&gt;good omelet's and other dishes. In my family, some of us males can
<DIV></DIV>&gt;cook and
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I am not just talking about heating food either. Some of us are
<DIV></DIV>&gt;fairly good
<DIV></DIV>&gt;cooks at that and some of us have done as a means of employment at
<DIV></DIV>&gt;various
<DIV></DIV>&gt;levels. When the opportunity affords itself or someone otherwise
<DIV></DIV>&gt;asks me, I
<DIV></DIV>&gt;also take time to show others how to prepare and cook simple, but
<DIV></DIV>&gt;hearty,
<DIV></DIV>&gt;meals as well as other survival skills. I do it very low key, trying
<DIV></DIV>&gt;to be
<DIV></DIV>&gt;careful not to impose my self on others if it can be helped. BTW, an
<DIV></DIV>&gt;excellent beverage in this heat is a mixture of iced tea and orange
<DIV></DIV>&gt;juice.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Good stuff. But now I am rambling on and on anon ... :-) [smile]
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Morgan
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P></P>
<P><FONT face="Arial Black, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif">General <BR>Hi Morgan,</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face="Arial Black, Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif">&nbsp; Thanks, Morgan. Maybe one day, you can cook an omlette for my husband and I. Iced tea and orange juice? I've never heard of that, I'll have to try it. </FONT></P>