[Hpn] Smiles, frills rule evening at homeless school's prom;Pappas School;...

Morgan W. Brown morganbrown@hotmail.com
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:29:47 -0400

Apology accepted Bonnie. I too hope we can get past this and move on. I
consider the matter closed.

The fact is that, as I am sure you and others already are aware of, we will
not always be in agreement on the matters we each feel passionately and
fight so hard on. That is perfectly alright. However, we can always work
together on those things we agree about as well as also trying to find ways
to work together on those things we do not on. While I think it is better
not to waste precious energy and time fighting over what we do disagree
over, I do believe it is important and healthy to engage in discussion and
debate with as much mutual respect and benefit of the doubt given toward
each other as is humanly possible. That said, when someone turns up the heat
over a matter I care deeply about, I am not shy about my views either;
though I would rather use such moments to use my energy in some other way
constructive instead. For example, I like to take such moments to cook
something good and share it with others when possible: e.g., I make pretty
good omelet's and other dishes. In my family, some of us males can cook and
I am not just talking about heating food either. Some of us are fairly good
cooks at that and some of us have done as a means of employment at various
levels. When the opportunity affords itself or someone otherwise asks me, I
also take time to show others how to prepare and cook simple, but hearty,
meals as well as other survival skills. I do it very low key, trying to be
careful not to impose my self on others if it can be helped. BTW, an
excellent beverage in this heat is a mixture of iced tea and orange juice.
Good stuff. But now I am rambling on and on anon ... :-) [smile]

Morgan

Bonnie Briggs <s248_1132@hotmail.com>  wrote:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 18:08:30 +0000

General
Hi Morgan,
  Sorry man, open mouth, insert foot. I should have known you were presently
homeless. I hope we can get past this and move on. It won't happen again.
Please forgive me. <GROVEL><GROVEL>
Bonnie